Model Y

Model Y demand

I was wondering what was the demand for Model Y and how long it take to receive an order if placed today? Anybody can share their experience from how long it took before order and taking delivery? I am planning to order within the next 3 months

Comments

• Depends largely where you are located and somewhat which configuration you order https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mM8-WVTzJ74qgHZhwtLPpKtzAyCCXTDofOFpFUsqdiA/edit#gid=0
  • I live 1 hour away from the Fremont factory and ordered my Y in March!? Heard nothing about getting a car yet! I find it frustrating that so many people seem to be getting theirs within days or weeks!
  • My brother did not have a reservation and ordered in late May, received the car in early July. Of course he ordered a fully loaded performance version, so that could move you up to the front of the line.
  • > @bro2 said:
    > I live 1 hour away from the Fremont factory and ordered my Y in March!? Heard nothing about getting a car yet! I find it frustrating that so many people seem to be getting theirs within days or weeks!
    >

what did you order? cannot believe you ordered a Y being produced and still nothing?
  • > @bro2 said:
    > I live 1 hour away from the Fremont factory and ordered my Y in March!? Heard nothing about getting a car yet! I find it frustrating that so many people seem to be getting theirs within days or weeks!
    >

Did you check back with them? Stuff seems to fall through the cracks from time to time at Tesla :-) . Friendly reminders always helps.
  • We are in St. Augustine FL and from Order to Delivery was 15 days. Got AWD White Model Y. Most popular trim.
  • We ordered a MY two weeks ago, and will pick it up next week.
  • I placed a reservation for RWD in March 2019. In July 2020 I changed the order to AWD hoping to get my vehicle sooner. In September I called the local store to inquire why I had not heard from them. Turns out the original order for RWD earned me a Do Not Match to VIN tag in their system. They removed that when I called and I got my VIN via text the next day. Never hurts to call.
  • > @rjphillips said:
    > I placed a reservation for RWD in March 2019. In July 2020 I changed the order to AWD hoping to get my vehicle sooner. In September I called the local store to inquire why I had not heard from them. Turns out the original order for RWD earned me a Do Not Match to VIN tag in their system. They removed that when I called and I got my VIN via text the next day. Never hurts to call.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.
  • > @rjphillips said:
    > I placed a reservation for RWD in March 2019. In July 2020 I changed the order to AWD hoping to get my vehicle sooner. In September I called the local store to inquire why I had not heard from them. Turns out the original order for RWD earned me a Do Not Match to VIN tag in their system. They removed that when I called and I got my VIN via text the next day. Never hurts to call.

> @BuffaloBillsFan said:
    > We ordered a MY two weeks ago, and will pick it up next week.

Thanks for the info.
    So if no sign of life after 2 weeks,
    Better to call.
  • I ordered on 9/11 and picked it up on 9/18! Originally was told 7-10 weeks, but was much faster! Didn't even have time to get the charger installed at the house!