Model Y

Got The Text From Tesla Today...YAY

I knew it would be soon. Got the text today that my Model Y is on it's way to the local service center for pickup. They scheduled me for 9 days from today (I'm in Florida). Can't wait. Hope it's in great shape and no build issues. Trading in an SUV so if too many issues I will wait and ask for another Model Y. I don't want to start off on the wrong foot and have door alignment issues and worse things. Keeping my fingers crossed!!! Will post my VIN # range when I get the Y. So far, heard they are up to mid 50,XXX on VIN's. Also, hoping mine will have the newer update on the tail lights.

Comments

• I got my text yesterday saying the car I ordered, which was supposed to take 7-11 weeks to build was now ready 6 days after I ordered it. I have a feeling it’s someone else’s reject since it’s a 45XXX VIN. Nowhere near 50XXX. Luckily I can’t accept delivery yet as I still have to sell my current vehicle. The Tesla trade-in offer was pretty low. I have no problem waiting. I have let them know I can’t accept delivery yet and yet they don’t acknowledge that and keep telling men my delivery day is scheduled for 9/22. Well when I don’t show up I guess they’ll get the hint. Very surprised they are so poor at communication being the techie company they are. I don’t understand.it. Good luck with yours. Hope it’s as perfect as possible. Can’t wait until I can get mine.
  • [email protected] If I may ask when did you place your order ?
  • @NJEV_Don18

For a company so ahead of the times, their communication really needs to be dragged along with it. it's HORRENDOUS.
  • cipherKing I originally ordered the night the Y was introduced but ordered the 7 seat config. Realized I didn't want to wait until late 2021 for it and the tiny little seat is basically useless except for very young children which I don't have. So, I cancelled in December 2019 and reordered the Y as a 5 seat config. I gave a refundable $2500 deposit at the time. I must say, I have been getting texts to finalize my Y since early April but kept putting it off as I kept seeing all the problems people are having with defects (panel gaps, seats not aligning, seats not bolted down, chips in paint, etc...). I just finally decided to finalize about 3 weeks ago and filled out the information they require online (drivers license pic, insurance info, credit app, etc...). I didn't use Tesla for financing on my Model 3 back in August 2018 but I am this time as 2.49% is a pretty low rate and it's just easier. One thing I must say....as this is my 2nd Tesla in the family. They always make it seem like the wait will be longer than it really is. They don't build your car for you.....there isn't that many options or configurations you can make. Once they get your order info and you finalize the info required online, they go into the system and see where they can move vehicles around from and get one to your local service center for delivery to you. I truly believe if you ordered one today you would have it in max of 3 weeks (and possibly sooner).
  • > @NJEV_Don18 said:
    > I got my text yesterday saying the car I ordered, which was supposed to take 7-11 weeks to build was now ready 6 days after I ordered it. I have a feeling it’s someone else’s reject since it’s a 45XXX VIN. Nowhere near 50XXX. Luckily I can’t accept delivery yet as I still have to sell my current vehicle. The Tesla trade-in offer was pretty low. I have no problem waiting. I have let them know I can’t accept delivery yet and yet they don’t acknowledge that and keep telling men my delivery day is scheduled for 9/22. Well when I don’t show up I guess they’ll get the hint. Very surprised they are so poor at communication being the techie company they are. I don’t understand.it. Good luck with yours. Hope it’s as perfect as possible. Can’t wait until I can get mine.

If you dont want to sell privately, I would use CARMAX. They gave me double what Tesla was offering.
  • I have a car i'm trading in. Our current SUV, a loaded up 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited, has 146,000 miles. The car new in 2014 was a list price of about $41,000 and we paid about $36,500. They gave us a trade in quote of $5,500 (probably because of miles). I KNOW I could sell it for at least $2,000-$2,500 more privately. However, one reason the low price is they pulled a Carfax and while my wife (it's her SUV) was never in an accident involving another car, she did hit a bicycle on the highway that dropped off someones car/truck and it passed under her SUV thus needing a body shop for some under carriage repair and painting. I guess my whole point is.....for us it was just easier to trade it in (and we save an additional almost $400 as it reduces the sales tax paid on the new Model Y when you trade in a car. Not sure of your situation with trading in or selling privately but for us it was just a matter of ease. Good luck when u finally do get your new model Y. We are supposed to pick up my wife's Y on Sept 26th. Haven't received the VIN yet though.
  • tdwin2000
    Good luck to you as well. Keep checking your Tesla account and they will pop up there. You may want to reach out to your service adviser and give them a nudge since its only a week away.
  • Also got text to schedule delivery today. Ordered 9/7, VIN assigned 9/9 - saw MVPA but never got a text, scheduled for pickup 9/29 in PA. So excited!
  • MSHModelY what is your VIN that you are getting? Just curious. We finalized our order in mid August and my VIN is 488xx. Spoke to a rep at the center where we are picking her up and he said our Y left Fremont's factory for shipment on Sept 9th. White/White AWD Non-Performance with 20" Turbine black wheels.
  • Vin was 49xxx but now the MVPA is no longer on my account page. I am also getting a LR AWD white/white. But with Gemini wheels and added tow hitch. Odd that the MVPA is now gone?
  • Just a heads up, the text from Tesla doesn't mean much; the real delivery day and time is determined by the local showroom team Upon inspections for panel gaps. I'm on my fourth delivery scedule( 9/13,9/15 and 9/20) first 2, the car was not delivered and third they found panel gaps and they want to fix it( which is a good thing) so I have to wait another week. Too bad I sold my car when I received the text, now rental cars for the weekend and my bike.