Model 3

Sentry disabling itself in 2020.36.10

Is anyone else experiencing disabled Sentry mode after upgrading to 2020.36.10?
I manually enabled it a couple of times but then I find it de-activated on its own. And I am talking about places which are not my home/work/favorite.

Comments

• Do you get an Error that Sentry mode has stopped in the app? I have had that about 3-4 times in the last month across a couple updates. I can restart it in the app without issue.
  • I installed the update on Monday and I have not experienced any issues with sentry mode.
  • You may have the same problem I did. Your USB drive may have been corrupted during the upgrade. Either reformat it in the car or put it in a PC and repair it. I repaired mine in a PC, didn't loose any video an its working just fine again.

I would get the Sentry warning but tapping the Sentry message would not open the player so I rebooted the car and then noticed a warning triangle near the sentry icon. Tapping on the icon opened the log and there it said it didnt like my USB drive any more.

Check out the recent thread on "Where is the Sentry Clip viewer".
  • > @Joshan said:
    > Do you get an Error that Sentry mode has stopped in the app? I have had that about 3-4 times in the last month across a couple updates. I can restart it in the app without issue.

I don’t get an error message at all. It’s just that Sentry mode is disabled. And yes, I can restart it again from the app but that’s not convenient.
  • I have only had 36.10 installed a few days but I have actually driven to a few places over that time and have not seen it stop.

I still have seen it be over sensitive sometimes and under sensitive other times. It seems like it still needs some work.
  • > @CincyM3 said:
    > > @Joshan said:
    > > Do you get an Error that Sentry mode has stopped in the app? I have had that about 3-4 times in the last month across a couple updates. I can restart it in the app without issue.
    >
    > I don’t get an error message at all. It’s just that Sentry mode is disabled. And yes, I can restart it again from the app but that’s not convenient.
    >

Ok thanks. Guess my issue is different. Every few days it will give me an error in the app and say "Sentry mode has stopped due to an error".

Do you have all alerts active in the app? Where you would get an error? Just curious. If this keep happening I will schedule service soon. But holding out as the building one a few miles from my house that is not open yet.
  • Could be a bad spot in the USB drive. They are just like any other drive, they can have a bad spot in them. Every time Sentry tries to write to that bad spot it could cause an error and cause sentry to stop. Try replacing the drive.
  • I replaced the USB drive and the issue seems to be fixed. Thanks for the suggestions