Model 3

Vehicle Damaged

I was supposed to take delivery tomorrow morning and got a phone call from Tesla that my Model 3 was damaged when it arrived. I asked them how bad the damage was they said it was not something that could be fixed by tomorrow. I am still going there tomorrow to see the damage for myself and decide what to do, but unfortunately I won't be driving home in my Model 3.

Comments

• Oh bummer! Sorry. For me, I would reject and wait for another. May not be your option though.
  • Cars depreciate dramatically, as we all know, but one that's already been repaired prior to delivery.. ?

Like M3phan, I'd ask for another.
  • I wouldn't accept that car, demand another
  • Depends how serious is the damage. Go take a look and we believe you are big boy to make a right choice.
  • > @M3phan said:
    > Oh bummer! Sorry. For me, I would reject and wait for another.

+1
  • I agree with ww_spb. A scratched bumper or curb rashed rim is a minor issue that they’ll set right. A crunched quarter panel might be a different issue.

Happens to every manufacturers cars during shipping; when you buy off the dealers lot, you never hear about these issues because they’re fixed before you see the car.
  • If the damage is less than 6% of the total price of the car, the dealer does not even have to tell you in most states. This is just business as normal, that you normally do not even know about.
  • > @Joshan said:
    > that you normally do not even know about.

Until later when paint peels or discolors because the local body shop did not do a good job. Sorry, but if you know you should ask for a new undamaged car.
  • > @howard_98305575 said:
    > > @Joshan said:
    > > that you normally do not even know about.
    >
    > Until later when paint peels or discolors because the local body shop did not do a good job. Sorry, but if you know you should ask for a new undamaged car.
    >

Audi does that? Wow
  • Let’s keep speculating about the damage...
  • My guess it the car fell off a delivery truck, rolled over, and it will take more than a day to buff out.
  • howard will blame Tesla for forcing the OP to take it as is
  • It is classic. I post a simple fact that if the damage is under 6% they do not need to tell you in most states.

The trolls reply is that your paint will peel off... Cannot make this stuff up. No one has any idea what the issue is in any way. But the troll says your paint will peel if you take it.

Find a new rock to crawl under.
  • I saw a Meme yesterday that sums the trolls here up PERFECTLY. Since I cannot post the pic I will explain it.

2 people having a debate and one says "You ware wrong I can prove it with facts" The other replies "No, you are wrong and I can prove it would loudness"
  • Damage when loading and unloading from a carrier is typically exterior. So paint repair is a reasonable consideration. My front splitter had a nice gouge in it and I did not bother having them repair it because the repair would be worse than the damage. Yes, I accepted the car with maybe a dozen other small paint issues. The loose exterior trim pieces they repaired. Looking back wish I had not, but then chances are I would have never received one that was without flaws.
  • More hypothetical bs from H the comedian
  • who said it was from the carrier. Is the diarrhea emitted from your mouth uncontrollable or something?
  • Yes howard, something similar happened to a friends mom when she got her Audi. During a dealer to dealer transfer, the left side of the car got scuffed up. Thankfully modern technology can replace damaged parts and refinish body panels to OEM quality on any make and model car.

You casually contend that, "the repair would be worse than the damage" on what do you base this nonsensical idea?
  • What, you got a die cast? I am outraged.😀 Thanks for telling the rest of the story.
  • Wow! What a nice ending to your story. Have fun in your new Tesla.
  • Wow. Congrats!!! Glad it worked out perfectly for you.
  • Capital_AL1, Great news, and congratulations!! Enjoy!
  • Also glad you didn't listen to Howard the comedian
  • > @WW_spb said:
    > Also glad you didn't listen to Howard the comedian

Hey fanbois. What, this issue was paint damage caused by the carrier. Imagine that, just like I said. The laughing continues.