2018 M3 LR DM, NEMA 14-50 home charge setup.
Has been charging fine for almost 2 years. One day last week, plug in the Tesla charging cable - M3 display shows 245V, but 0A. Zero Amp! I didn't realize it until the next morning. M3 shows remaining time to charge to 90%, but not advancing because there is no current flow. Trouble shooting steps I have taken with no success:
1) flipped the circuit breaker switch off/on without the adapter plugged into M3. Charging cable lights up, still zero amp showing;
2) flipped the circuit breaker switch off/on with the adapter plugged into M3. Charging cable lights up, still zero amp showing;
3) adjusted my M3 amp intake from 32A to 5A. No effect;
4) took my M3 to supercharger, charged fine but only to 229 miles at 90% setting;
5) next day, borrowed neighbor's working adapter, and plug it in my M3; same thing - 245 V, zero A
6) now, I am thinking it has to be my home circuit!
After taking my M3 into Tesla, I got a 2014 Model S loaner home, and it charges fine at 32A with the exact same set up. Why is the Model S work, and my M3 doesn't charge! (remember, I have been using the same charging set up for almost 2 years. No major appliance or incidents (lightning/power outage, etc.) that I am aware of;
7) asked neighbor to drive his M3 to my garage and plug it in...same result, zero A, 245 V;
Now, I am thinking I have to do something to my NEMA 14-50 or the circuit breaker switch at home. Since the Model S charges, I can assume the NEMA 14-50 plug works fine, and I should go ahead and swap out a new circuit breaker switch.
Appreciate any thoughts that may help my situation. By the way, Tesla told me my M3 is fine after doing a thorough check and charged my battery to 90% @ 263 miles using my own charging cable. Tesla told me that the SuperCharger, due to its high voltage, has a different circuit in M3 to handle that. So, it is different than charging at home.
Really strange that the same set up charges loaner Model S fine, but can't seem to charge my M3. Appreciate other troubleshooting steps to try as well.