General

Impossible to get service in less than 30 days.

I waited on hold for thirty minutes only to be told I have to wait a month for a service appointment. The last time I waited there was no loaner and it took four days to get my car back. There were no updates as promised and when I picked my car up it was filthy with greasy handprints on the front of the car. Looks like things are getting worse over time and I’m going to look for a trade. It’s a shame, great technology but the worst service you can ever imagine. Just pathetic!

Comments

• Oblivious much...?
  • totally opposite experience with service this week. Apt was available in two day wait time bc it was weekend.
  • Here in Montreal it’s 45 days delays for service
    But if they have cancellation they text you.
  • Allow me to spell it out for you...

T-h-e-r-e'-s
    a
    l-o-t
    g-o-i-n-g
    o-n
    i-n
    t-h-e
    w-o-r-l-d
    r-i-g-h-t
    n-o-w.

Tesla is being handicapped just like e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e else in the world is over this Corona virus crap (that's why they refer to it as a "pandemic"...because it is affecting the e-n-t-i-r-e world and not just a part of it), so they're experiencing shortages in manpower, again, just like e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e else.

Patience, tolerance and especially understanding, is both warranted and appreciated.
  • edited September 25
    Just scheduled a needed service on Sept. 22 and was told October 12 so 20 days.

All those "never need service" Teslas filling the Tesla service shops.

Tesla should learn from the car dealerships and have an "Express Line" for small, quick fix issues. Mine is putting the car back together after changing the air filters.

A bunch of the clip retainers fell off, found them sitting on the floor, so no way to know where they go. One of the electrical clips won't go back in.

Tesla did not leave the removal tabs out on the air filters when putting them in. Was able to get them out but Tesla air filters are in poor location for an item like air filter that will need frequent replacement.

But back to the full service shops, 20-30 days for service seems the norm.
  • pics or it didnt happen
  • Totally opposite from Fish. Two weeks ago Friday went to the app to set up appointment and found SC with open spot for Monday. Day later I had my problem fixed and happy bc I got to drive S loaner.
  • > @"blue adept" said:
    > Allow me to spell it out for you...
    >
    > T-h-e-r-e'-s
    > a
    > l-o-t
    > g-o-i-n-g
    > o-n
    > i-n
    > t-h-e
    > w-o-r-l-d
    > r-i-g-h-t
    > n-o-w.
    >
    > Tesla is being handicapped just like e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e else in the world is over this Corona virus crap (that's why they refer to it as a "pandemic"...because it is affecting the e-n-t-i-r-e world and not just a part of it), so they're experiencing shortages in manpower, again, just like e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e else.
    >
    > Patience, tolerance and especially understanding, is both warranted and appreciated.
    >
    >

Yeah, I can appreciate that but that works two ways. Seems like Tesla is holding all the cards and does not feel the need to treat it's customers as customers.

I'm stuck in delivery hell, with less than 2 days before my appt (which Tesla set without consulting me). I've had no contact whatsoever.
  • It is the Wuhan COVID-19 Corona Virus that is "holding all of the cards" against everyone right now.

All the same I'm sure they're (Tesla) doing the best they can, @BKOD_98596472, it's hard all over for everyone right now and, based on what you've just said, you should be taking delivery of your new car either today or tomorrow...

Patience.