Model 3

Worsening « clunck » from front left wheel

While rolling over cracks or speed bumps a clear audible « clunk » seems to be coming from the left front suspension.
It’s been doing it for 1 month now, getting worse, my service center appointment is next week.

I was wondering if anybody every experienced the same problem and if they kept the car for test drive and if to expect a loaner or the job done on site.
A bit louder when turning the steering wheel, might be the direction of the suspension unit.

Comments

• Upper control arm. Schedule an appointment.
  • > @lbowroom said:
    > Upper control arm. Schedule an appointment.

Thank you.

I have scheduled my appointment beginning of August, first date available was September 22nd.
  • I replaced front left strut. Clunk sound happened slightly after hit the bump.
    https://youtu.be/gWxjzVnt0Eo
    I recorded the sound (slomo). Front under cover is removed while taking this video. (I left iPhone on the floor and run over it.)
  • when backing up https://youtu.be/TW4ehvK41fY
  • Good for you orthomax. Way to get the dialog started.
  • > @Pepperidge said:
    > I replaced front left strut. Clunk sound happened slightly after hit the bump.
    > https://youtu.be/gWxjzVnt0Eo
    > I recorded the sound (slomo). Front under cover is removed while taking this video. (I left iPhone on the floor and run over it.)

Thanks for the video.
    The sound is similar to mine.
  • > @lbowroom said:
    > Good for you orthomax. Way to get the dialog

Good for you.
    Repeating in your post what I already said I did in my post. Way to help.
  • You don’t need help, you’re looking to stir things up again under a new name.
  • Maxxer , where did you go? And where is your macho act?
  • Do you think the clunking was due to damage caused by the icy driveway horror incident?
  • This whole post needs to be removed.
  • > @lbowroom said:
    > You don’t need help, you’re looking to stir things up again under a new name.

My car makes noise,
    I come to ask if someone had similar noise.
    If you think I want to stir shit up you need to go get yourself evaluated in the conspiracy theorist aisle
  • > @Spuzzz said:
    > Do you think the clunking was due to damage caused by the icy driveway horror incident?

Of course it was don’t you think the causality has been demonstrated, a noise happening 9 months and 10 000 miles later?

And lbowroom says I want to stir shit up? I hope you guys have been having fun preparing your Trump voting cards lately
  • But you already know the answer.... so why ask the question? It’s not for your benefit clearly. You know you have a problem, you know it’s been a problem for others, you’ve already scheduled an appointment to have it fixed. What are learning?
  • Then you throw a little offensive political banter on top. You’re a classic...
  • Classic moron he is.
  • I had the exact same issue, Model 3 SR+ purchased March 2020. Service centre could not diagnose issue exactly, but the fix involved ordering a new Spring and Damper Assembly (Front LH). The part took a few weeks to arrive in Canada from California. The repair was done over a 2-day period, during which I had a loaner.
  • My car recently started making a faint singular click when accelerating forward and reverse from a stop. Seems to be on driver's side, but can't make out if it's from the front or rear. Is this how the clunking starts?
  • Yes, that is the symptom of the upper control arm play.
  • @Teslionaire wrote: ", a noise happening 9 months and 10 000 miles later?"
    Happened to me ~14000 Miles and 8 months later.

Test drove vehicle and verified customer concern, found noise coming from left front
    suspension strut. Replace left front strut assembly.
    Corrections: Spring and Damper Assembly - Front - LH

DAMPER ASSY FR LH RWD, COIL E3 (1044364-91-E)
    Pay Type: Warranty
  • Thanks for the heads up @lbowroom I'm at almost 36K miles. Will keep an eye on it to make sure it gets taken care of before my warranty is over.

Does this happen on both sides or is it typically driver's side only?
  • Passenger side in my S. Never in over 300k miles on the driver’s side.
  • My driver side occasionally had a slight click on launch. I was upgrading suspension, so I didn't bother having it replaced.
  • Don't bother Maxxer is saving world at the moment.
  • or running multiple marathons...

I don't understand the attempt at re-spawning as a new character without acknowledging the previous personas. Also seemingly pretending not to know anything about the car.