Model 3

New half price Autopilot offer?

Just got email from Tesla offering a special version of Autopilot for $4000 until September 30th. Includes navigate on autopilot, auto lane change, summon, and self park. Does not include stop signs or signal lights, navigate in urban traffic.

Regular full autopilot package still shown for $8000.

I think I will go for it. Hope it means rest of the package won’t cost another $8000 too.

Comments

• It is not clear and since you need the lower pkg to buy the full pkg I think yes it will be 8k.
  • You miss the threads below regarding this??
  • Read through thread in eap below. Will answer these questions.
  • Whoops, I missed previous thread. However it did not answer all my questions. Have a June, 2019 M3 LR RWD that came standard with series 3 computer, auto steer, and cruise control. Just wondering if Tesla will charge another $8000 on top of $4000 now for the new functions in this current package upgrade.
  • They would likely charge the differential to go from EAP to FSD. That’s how it worked for me last year. So currently $4000, but subject to change with future price adjustments.
  • One of the posters in that thread or another confirmed that the price to get to FSD decreased after purchasing the new EAP option.
  • EAP = $4k
    FSD = $8k
    Upgrade to FSD after upgrading to EAP = $5k
  • Electrek says that the FSD subscription is coming soon. Depending on how long you intend to keep the car the subscription might make more sense. Until they announce it and reveal the price there is no way of knowing what the breakeven point will be but I'd bet that for people who trade in their cars every three years the subscription might be a better deal.
  • Am I missing something? It seems they broke it back into two parts, and it is not cheaper, $1k more now.
  • Nope, not missing anything. It costs more like Elon said it would. Allows a lower price point short of FSD
  • Elon has been warning this for awhile. Price will only go up. Amazed people are shocked each time.
  • Let's start 10 topics on the same thing. Come on people lear how to navigate forums. Gosh
  • > @82bert said:
    > Elon has been warning this for awhile. Price will only go up. Amazed people are shocked each time.

It is amazing people think it is cheaper now.
  • Who thinks it’s cheaper and not a reprise of a previous lesser product?
  • The title implies.
  • He just didn't use correct name. AP is AP. EAP is 4 k and after upgrade FSD is 5k.
  • Fully explained in the OP and AP/EAP is not FSD. I don’t see any confusion.
  • > @Bighorn said:
    > Fully explained in the OP and AP/EAP is not FSD. I don’t see any confusion.

Correct.
  • I'm interested in knowing if anyone who still doesn't have basic autopilot can select this in their app for 4,000? Or would it be $7,000? $3,000 for basic autopilot and $4,000 extra for enhanced autopilot?
  • @JoeRussell
    $4000

https://mobile.twitter.com/sacramentotesla/status/1307219902718238720/photo/1
  • I think. The wording is a little ambiguous.
  • Love l that would be 11 k if you don't have AP.
  • Love=lol*
  • That’s crazy, but certainly a possibility. Don’t most cars come with basic AP included?
  • @Bighorn , read your screen shot. Under FSD it says requires Autopilot. So people that bought Tesla back in the time when AP was an option will have to buy AP first to get FSD.