General

Battery Day pre-announcements from Elon

From Elon today:

> We intend to increase, not reduce battery cell purchases from Panasonic, LG & CATL (possibly other partners too). However, even with our cell suppliers going at maximum speed, we still foresee significant shortages in 2022 & beyond unless we also take action ourselves.

> Important note about Tesla Battery Day unveil tomorrow. This affects long-term production, especially Semi, Cybertruck & Roadster, but what we announce will not reach serious high-volume production until 2022.

Comments

• Im sure the majority of battery day will be the unveiling of breakthroughs in manufacturing speed, simplicity, with the fewest unique material battery cell. All while inclusive of the tab-less battery cells and the removal of modules which in turn increases the pack density without increasing density at the cell level.

But i cant imagine they acquired Maxwell Tech for nothing. Dry cell is surely coming.
  • Well shoot TT. You just dashed my hopes that they'll be able to flip a switch on Wednesday and my M3 LR that is in transit will all of a sudden have 644 or more miles of range. Dang.
  • Powerpack price dropped 27% today.

https://electrek.co/2020/09/22/tesla-slashes-price-powerpack-battery-day/
  • > @andy_connor_e said:
    > Powerpack price dropped 27% today.
    >
    > https://electrek.co/2020/09/22/tesla-slashes-price-powerpack-battery-day/

So that's the big announcement? More people are going to be upset rather than happy about a 27% Powerpack price drop.
  • > @bassbone1_98264787 said:
    > > @andy_connor_e said:
    > > Powerpack price dropped 27% today.
    > >
    > > https://electrek.co/2020/09/22/tesla-slashes-price-powerpack-battery-day/
    >
    > So that's the big announcement?

No; the event still hasn’t happened.
  • Shills make themselves obvious.
  • But but but They will sell battery to Fixer cheaper bc of that, aren't you happy bot?
  • Tell me no one saw this coming. This happens every time there is an "event" announced too far out from the actual date, speculation runs ramped, people get their hopes up based on nothing other than their own created ideas of what will take place and then get disappointed/pissed off that at the said event/reveal that was expected didn't happen.
  • > @jordanrichard_629778 said:
    > Tell me no one saw this coming. This happens every time there is an "event" announced too far out from the actual date, speculation runs ramped, people get their hopes up based on nothing other than their own created ideas of what will take place and then get disappointed/pissed off that at the said event/reveal that was expected didn't happen.

Is that why the stock is suffering right now? So it's like buy the rumor sell the news then?
  • > @WW_spb said:
    > But but but They will sell battery to Fixer cheaper bc of that, aren't you happy bot?

Hey VW, get it right it's Fisker, and what's a bot anyway? Since I don't know proves I am not one. I'm a Tesla owner and am rooting for all to succeed.
  • Ignorance is not proof.
  • bassbone, we all want all EVs to succeed. The issue is that most of these other legacy car companies are doing a half ass job or what some us call "gimping" there EVs which then only reinforces the public's perception of EVs, which in turn leads them to not want to buy one.
  • Im still trying to get Tesla to respond to me via email or phone about the Megapack. I would be interested in trying to make megapacks work for commercial UPS instead of gigantic diesel generators and lead acid batteries. No responses yet, 3 inquiries sent!

Tesla im trying to get you business dammit!
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said:
    > > @bassbone1_98264787 said:
    > > > @andy_connor_e said:
    > > > Powerpack price dropped 27% today.
    >
    > > So that's the big announcement? More people are going to be upset rather than happy about a 27% Powerpack price drop.
    >
    > I think you're confusing Powerwall and Powerpack. Powerpack is for utilities. No consumers are buying Powerpacks. Not sure why you hate that Tesla might drop prices on anything. Lower prices are great for consumers. Perhaps it makes the competitors you support even harder to compete with Tesla?
    >
    >

Yes, thanks. I'm just saying all the people that recently purchased will be upset about the sudden price drop. They have burned a lot of people in past with price fluctuation moves.
  • @"TeslaTap.com" ” Lower prices are great for consumers.”

Agreed. It is a good thing that model 3 now sells for less than I paid for one.
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > @"TeslaTap.com" ” Lower prices are great for consumers.”
    >
    > Agreed. It is a good thing that model 3 now sells for less than I paid for one.

Oh yeah I love the fact that I paid over 10k more for my 3 than others are paying now, it's just fantastic.
  • Sounds like most of the spoiled children I’ve seen. Suck it up, clownfish.

Prices go down. If you don’t like it buy a Ford. Prices are guaranteed to go up next year.

TANSTAAFL
  • > @bassbone1_98264787 said:
    > > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > > @"TeslaTap.com" ” Lower prices are great for consumers.”
    > >
    > > Agreed. It is a good thing that model 3 now sells for less than I paid for one.
    >
    > Oh yeah I love the fact that I paid over 10k more for my 3 than others are paying now, it's just fantastic.

It is, it means more people can access clean transportation. What they pay in no way affects what I paid.
  • @bassbone1_98264787

You've also been driving it for years more than me. So stop being unappreciative thanks.
  • Hey bot you didn't pay 10k more you had 7.5 k federal tax and FSD was cheaper than it is right now. Also funny that you don't know what bot is hahah bot
  • > @andy_connor_e said:
    > @bassbone1_98264787
    >
    > You've also been driving it for years more than me. So stop being unappreciative thanks.

I love my Tesla and thankful for them. That's not to say I won't be getting a Fisker in a couple years in addition to it though. We need a reasonably priced full-sized electric SUV and the Ocean looks good. Yes, looks are about all it has so far along with a lot of info in their FAQ section on their site but basically all I'm saying is that it's getting exciting and interesting out there.
  • Push harder we are not convinced yet, bot
  • I dont care about fisker. I want my stainless steel truck. OTOH, if i get cybertruck and the price happens to drop 6 months later, i got to drive it 6 months longer.