Model 3

Tesla gave me road trip joy back.

We were thinking about going to Naples on Fall break but I didn't want to take our SUV. Now that I bought EAP upgrade I told my wife let's go in Tesla bc it's so relaxing and joyful.(plus I am really excited to use NoAP)

Thank you Tesla for bringing road trips joy back to us!
Anyone else?

Comments

• Uh, yeah🤓
  • You will love road tripping with your new EAP. Details after you do please.
  • EAP certainly helped bring back the joy of road tripping but the more relaxed pace brought on by SuperCharger stops and some of the conversations I have had with Tesla owners and people just curious about my model 3 have been more of a factor for me.
  • > @billtphotoman said:
    > EAP certainly helped bring back the joy of road tripping but the more relaxed pace brought on by SuperCharger stops and some of the conversations I have had with Tesla owners and people just curious about my model 3 have been more of a factor for me.

Yeah, charging stops are great especially for our 3 little kids. They love to stretch and use bathroom break and snack time.
  • I am sad, I was planning to drive the Tesla down to Florida on Friday. But the wife has said I cannot as we need to buy a lot of things for the new home which will not fit in the model 3 /sigh... Driving an ICE to and from Florida is not sounding fun!!!!!!
  • > @Joshan said:
    > I am sad, I was planning to drive the Tesla down to Florida on Friday. But the wife has said I cannot as we need to buy a lot of things for the new home which will not fit in the model 3 /sigh... Driving an ICE to and from Florida is not sounding fun!!!!!!

Can't you drive Tesla and buy what you need in Florida? It's not like they don't have stores ;)
  • Maybe I did not explain well. We are buying many things while there, they will not fit in the M3.
  • > @Joshan said:
    > Maybe I did not explain well. We are buying many things while there, they will not fit in the M3.

Gotcha )))) rent a truck from home depot. Trying to save you from driving SUV. )
  • We have tons to do, believe me I tried :( I am stuck in the damn Acura... ugh.
  • If interested in Model 3 Road Trips, see the YouTube channel called "Out of Spec Motoring", because they have quite a few road trip videos which you'll find interesting. Kyle and Alyssa and their two dogs on the road.
  • Road trip guilt was in all those emissions. Now I don't worry about by 200 mile ski and boating runs, no emissions.

EVs definitely revive the guilt free road trip.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > Road trip guilt was in all those emissions. Now I don't worry about by 200 mile ski and boating runs, no emissions.
    >
    > EVs definitely revive the guilt free road trip.

You told us you didn't go skiing this year.
  • I've been doing "safecation" trips in my Tesla, always staying at motels with Tesla destination chargers! Here is a short, no ad video I made from one of these recent trips from my front and side dashcams, it expresses the shear joy of driving:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ngURN1mRy94
  • > @WW_spb said:
    > > @FISHEV said:
    > > Road trip guilt was in all those emissions. Now I don't worry about by 200 mile ski and boating runs, no emissions.
    > >
    > > EVs definitely revive the guilt free road trip.
    >
    > You told us you didn't go skiing this year.

Did he say he went skiing this year?
  • Tested out NoAP some more today. It's unbelievably cool. I am looking forward to the trip.
  • Safe travel with M8B at fantasyland
  • Can you go to New Jersey instead? Or Naples, Italy?
  • > @"yudansha™" said:
    > Can you go to New Jersey instead? Or Naples, Italy?

Do I need your permission now, Tanya?
  • Sadly we had to cancel our plans to go to Florida. Our 12,5 y.o. Bulldog is not doing so well. :(
  • Bummer. I’m sorry to hear that about your dog!
  • Very sorry about your dog. It feels like we’ve been on that sad precipice since around the same point in Macy’s life. Shocked she’s around to celebrate #14 today. And while she won’t accompany me on my road trip tomorrow, I did stick around to be here for her special day. I thought her road tripping days were over almost two years ago, but she rallied and was the first dog to do the new trans-Canada supercharger route this winter. It’s such a roller coaster of emotions contemplating the loss of such an uncomplicated love and companionship.
    One of my absolute favorite books that explores that almost undefinable bond is called Merle’s Door. Like any such tale, it’s heart wrenching because that’s life. Sorry that you’re having to navigate those toughest of decisions.
  • Yeah, we lost his sister few years back. Unfortunately Bulldogs average life span is 8 years. He did good but most likely his time has come. Thank you guys for the sympathy.