Model 3

Charge flap

after downloading the latest software update 36.11 i've noticed that the charge flap no longer opens when I touch it. It opens fine from the main screen or the app, anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• Check to see if the magnet fell off.
  • Yes, if that small diamond shaped magnet fell off the interior edge of the flap, you can glue it back on with any good quality superglue. Assuming of course you see where the magnet fell to. Otherwise Tesla can stick another one in there for you.
  • I continually get the error message that the charge port door may not open when pressed, but it does.

I also have random occasions when I get in the car while parked at a grocery store, etc., and the charge port door opens on its own.
  • > I also have random occasions when I get in the car while parked at a grocery store, etc., and the charge port door opens on its own.

It’s like a happy puppy, it’s just wagging its tail because it’s happy to see you.
  • Had a look at the magnet, its still there. so I tried the ring pull override
    in the trunk a few times, then the app wouldn't open it, said flap opening fault. So I tried it off the main screen, it opened and now it opens every time on touching!
  • Just make a service request in all. Simple as that.