General

The end of ICE

Now, let me put this in simple terms.
Battery day was the official beginning of the end. It’s the same as if Tesla just announced they were releasing a PhoneX with technology better than Samsung, at the price of a Huawei, with higher profit margins than an iPhone.
GG legacy automakers.
Just bought another 100 shares.

Comments

• > @Teslionaire said: > Battery day was the official beginning of the end.

More like 2009 when EU first passed legislation mandating schedule to end ICE vehicles. China's mandate was of similar date.

EU and China are 1st and 2nd largest car markets in world and drive the industry. US might catch up if we clear the Trump virus from our system in November and pass the Green New Deal which will have same EU/China requirement of all EV by 2050.

This is the warning we need to pay attention to:

"The electric vehicle revolution will come from China, not the US"

https://theconversation.com/the-electric-vehicle-revolution-will-come-from-china-not-the-us-116102

US car industry had a near death experience when it would not adapt to safety and fuel efficiency standards and what was once a world leading industry got crushed.

Really US government's fault for making the US a "trap" for US car makers. Trying to cater to static US market while world market evolves.
  • "Newsom orders 2035 phaseout of gas-powered vehicles, calls for fracking ban"
  • Considering California must import power now to meet demand, and _still_ mandated rolling blackouts in August, one would hope that someone's giving some serious thought to upgrade California's power generation ability and grid to handle the immense additional load of all those mandated EVs.

Kinda doubt it, though.
  • > @Dramsey said:
    > Considering California must import power now to meet demand, and _still_ mandated rolling blackouts in August, one would hope that someone's giving some serious thought to upgrade California's power generation ability and grid to handle the immense additional load of all those mandated EVs.
    >
    > Kinda doubt it, though.

Yes, I also highly doubt it. It is run by Democrats that have shown they can’t base their policies in reality. The place is falling apart
  • The exodus of those who want to hold on to ICE (and other understandable reasons to leave) will reduce electricity demand, and traffic and pollution.

Cheaper and improved rooftop solar and batteries will help mitigate grid issues.

California was the first state to ban indoor smoking at work spaces. Once people look at exhaust pipes in the same way as cigarettes, and hear engine noise in the same way as dial-up tones, consumers will reject ICE before the ban in 2035.
  • > @Dramsey said:
    > Considering California must import power now to meet demand, and _still_ mandated rolling blackouts in August, one would hope that someone's giving some serious thought to upgrade California's power generation ability and grid to handle the immense additional load of all those mandated EVs."

CA has imported power from the Bonneville project since the 50's.

For future power, building out solar and wind with battery storage is key both at grid level and end user level. CA leads in both of those.

To give an example, Bonneville power SHUTS DOWN the windmills because they generate TOO MUCH POWER as Bonneville wants to sell the higher priced hydro.

Easy to see how solar and wind with batteries and some peak load natural gas plants can gives us a near emissions free grid.

On EV load and need to expand grid, 60% of those EV's will charge at night when the grid has excess so the build out necessary for EV's is not as larger or immediate.
  • > @Teslionaire said:
    > Now, let me put this in simple terms.
    > Battery day was the official beginning of the end. It’s the same as if Tesla just announced they were releasing a PhoneX with technology better than Samsung, at the price of a Huawei, with higher profit margins than an iPhone.
    > GG legacy automakers.
    > Just bought another 100 shares.

Another 100...how many total do you have now?
  • he is as fake as you are
  • > @bassbone1_98264787 said:
    > > @Teslionaire said:
    > > Now, let me put this in simple terms.
    > > Battery day was the official beginning of the end. It’s the same as if Tesla just announced they were releasing a PhoneX with technology better than Samsung, at the price of a Huawei, with higher profit margins than an iPhone.
    > > GG legacy automakers.
    > > Just bought another 100 shares.
    >
    > Another 100...how many total do you have now?

You?
  • > @Teslionaire said:
    > > @bassbone1_98264787 said:
    > > > @Teslionaire said:
    > > > Now, let me put this in simple terms.
    > > > Battery day was the official beginning of the end. It’s the same as if Tesla just announced they were releasing a PhoneX with technology better than Samsung, at the price of a Huawei, with higher profit margins than an iPhone.
    > > > GG legacy automakers.
    > > > Just bought another 100 shares.
    > >
    > > Another 100...how many total do you have now?
    >
    > 1600
    >
    > You?

Zero, just like you according to that VW character. What's with that guy, so negative.
  • > @bassbone1_98264787 said:
    > > @Teslionaire said:
    > > > @bassbone1_98264787 said:
    > > > > @Teslionaire said:
    > > > > Now, let me put this in simple terms.
    > > > > Battery day was the official beginning of the end. It’s the same as if Tesla just announced they were releasing a PhoneX with technology better than Samsung, at the price of a Huawei, with higher profit margins than an iPhone.
    > > > > GG legacy automakers.
    > > > > Just bought another 100 shares.
    > > >
    > > > Another 100...how many total do you have now?
    > >
    > > 1600
    > >
    > > You?
    >
    > Zero, just like you according to that VW character. What's with that guy, so negative.

He has been spending about 4 hours daily to come try to make friends online but so far he only made Magic 8 Ball and it did not end well.

He has been so much invested in Tesla forums that he spent a major portion of his time coming online and posting in every threads posts containing an average of 8 to 10 words conveying no real value.

He is experiencing the Deep sunken cost fallacy. Invested too much of his life on these forums to let go the fact that he is worthless and brings nothing to discussions.

He is in a crusade against FISHEV because he accuses him of spreading misinformation however to FISHEV defense, even if I do not agree with his view on EVs, at least he is bringing food for thoughts and interesting discussions might happen with a post on a controversial subject.
  • Here we go legitimize Number one troll. Finally you are showing true colors and why you are here.
  • > @WW_spb said:
    > Here we go legitimize Number one troll. Finally you are showing true colors and why you are here.

I am here to engage in interesting discussions as I am a Tesla investor. If you have nothing interesting to say or no information to share. If you have no specific knowledge about anything regarding Tesla. Stay out of intelligent discussion.
  • Can someone please give me a shout when @Teslionaire says something intelligent?
  • I guess you can’t understand intelligent things when you’re a dumbass @TabascoGuy
  • People who call others stupid usually not very smart themselves. ;)
  • Hi, I'm holding for General Hux.
  • Literally 2 comments ago hes saying hes here to engage in interesting discussions and if you have nothing interesting to share or specific knowledge to share to stay out of discussion. Then proceeds to call someone a dumbass.
  • People who call other nazis are usually the racist ones.
    Is that your logic?
  • Okay. I'll hold.
  • > @andy_connor_e said:
    > Literally 2 comments ago hes saying hes here to engage in interesting discussions and if you have nothing interesting to share or specific knowledge to share to stay out of discussion. Then proceeds to call someone a dumbass.

Don’t you see in other threads when you post sonething intelligent the discussions goes one and stays constructive.

However you best pal Russian 4 ever is on a manic phase resembling the EVIL LIAR M8B era
  • its not my problem if your rules only apply when you decide that they apply. you do you
  • Ok andy, lets make it simple for you:
    2 rules
    1) if someone is genuinely asking a respectful intelligent insightful discussion, I will stay respectul and will be glad to discuss about new facts or knowledges.
    2) if someone is sarcastically insinuating lies and modifying facts to try to win an argument, I will gladly expose them.
  • Try to stay consistent then. you never mentioned a reservation made on Model Y on wrong account, only cybertruck. You can even check the threads, you were waiting for 7 seater Model Y.