Model 3

Width restrictions - Sat Nav warnings

Do others think that it would be useful for Tesla to have the option to avoid width restrictions when using satellite navigation. We have the option to avoid tolls I think that it is equally important to have the ability to navigate around width restrictions (particularly the 6'6 ones).

Has Tesla got any plans to allow owners to specificity that we would like to avoid width restrictions?

Comments

• What kind of width restrictions are you concerned about?
  • I feel like this may be a Euro-specific request -- which is fine, but won't make sense to most of us in the US as it's not something we have here.
  • I know that in UK they sometimes have ridiculously narrow gaps (I'm talking a couple inches each side of the car narrow!) along some roads where they try to restrict speed and larger vehicles by placing barriers on the sides of roads. Perhaps the OP would like to avoid routes where these barriers are present?
  • Are these locations catalogued in a map database? Do other vehicle nav systems identify them?
  • > @lbowroom said:
    > Are these locations catalogued in a map database? Do other vehicle nav systems identify them?

Nope!
  • There was this guy I knew, born and raised in Lebanon, came to the US as a teenager, is now a naturalized citizen.
    Apparently, living in Lebanon can be kind of interesting, especially with the road signage. We've all seen those signs: Red circle with a slash through it. "No parking". "No Left Turn". And so on.
    Just like everywhere else in the world there are road bridges in Lebanon. Cars and trucks go over them, what else is new. But there are certain types of traffic that truly, really, shouldn't go over a standard bridge. So, there are bridges in Lebanon (or were) that have those signs with the red circle and slash on both ends, and a picture of a tank painted in there.