Model 3

"Smart Summon is currently not ready" always. Any ideas why?

For the past week or two, every time I've tried Smart Summon, I get the message that 'Smart Summon is currently not ready'. Doesn't matter how close to the car I am. I even put Summon in standby mode and got the same message. I'm on 36.10, if that helps. Thinking about a service appointment. This feature has worked before in the many times I've used it. Any ideas what could be the problem? Regular Summon works fine.

Comments

• Same here after EAP upgrade .
  • Summon Standby? I still have it off though, you just have to click the thing in the top right to go to come to me and it wakes up.
  • err just saw you did standby mode. I have FSD and it works. Maybe an EAP thing (I also have EAP haha, but FSD likely over rides that)
  • @Joshan and @ww_spb, The car has has FSD since it was ordered. All other FSD options work fine though.
  • I should not skim sorry. I saw WW say EAP and applied it to you. I cannot replicate on 36.11 with FSD.
  • Summon works every time i attempt to use it i have EAP and HW2.5
  • not plain summon . smart summon
  • crap you're right, i have not tried that one yet
  • wait, why i have i not tried that yet. I'll go to an empty parking lot this weekend
  • Use "Come to me" it is far better than the other option.
  • Same here, as of 2020.36.10. I had a download pending for .11 but it failed and now won't come up.

I have turned Standby off, tried exceptions (work) and nothing seems to make it work. It does open the windows and turn on A/C so I know the car is in contact.
  • @mknewman - In the past, I thought one owner had options disabled if a download failed. Not sure if that is the issue, but I'd get the failed download resolved first.

You also want Smart Summon standby on.
  • I need to try a reboot.
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said:
    > @mknewman - In the past, I thought one owner had options disabled if a download failed. Not sure if that is the issue, but I'd get the failed download resolved first.
    >
    > You also want Smart Summon standby on.

I've tried standby on and it still doesn't work. Is it possible that the map of the parking lot at work isn't updated or something?
  • Some funny stuff. I was backing up in to my driveway yesterday and car showed that I can autopark. Lol on to the grass and in to the bushes on the side of my driveway.
  • > @mknewman said:
    > Same here, as of 2020.36.10. I had a download pending for .11 but it failed and now won't come up.
    >
    > I have turned Standby off, tried exceptions (work) and nothing seems to make it work. It does open the windows and turn on A/C so I know the car is in contact.
    >

> @mknewman said:
    > I need to try a reboot.

If your reboot doesn't help, do an in-app service request for software and put a note that the download failed. They can reset it remotely so it will try again. That may be enough to fix your problem.
  • Yeah it finally worked today. First try and it worked flawlessly. Kids were super excited and I heard people saying look it's Tesla driving all by itself. We were at kids park. ))) Mega cool
  • Mine has still failed maybe 5 times. I was in it this morning and sat there to see what happened. It was in the "Updating ECU" phase.
  • I have EAP HW2.5, and mine works. Maybe it doesn't have the standby on?
  • Stand by need only for quicker power on of the systems. It works even without stand by.
  • About stand by from manual:
    "NOTE: You can use Standby Mode to eliminate the delay that occurs when Smart Summon is starting up (see Standby Mode on page 125)."
    "To keep Model 3 ready to Summon and reduce the time it takes to warm up, turn on Standby Mode."
  • I'm getting the same thing. It will work when you first fet out of the car and it's still "warm" regular summon will work, and it you do regular summon for a sec. And then try smart summon, it does work.
  • @hokiegir1 you were right, I filed an in app ticket after 5-6 tries, tried one more time tonight and it worked. Thanks.
  • I should say the 36.11 update worked. The next day I got 2020.40.3. Smart Summon and Come to me still do not work at all. There is a message about "Please make sure all doors are closed and the car is not charging"
  • I can sometimes get it to work if I first move it a little with regular Summon and then switch to Smart Summon. Strange....