Model Y

Where to mount EZ-Pass in MY

Any recommendations where to best mount an EZ-Pass transponder?

Comments

• I hate to say it but right where the owner's manual says to.
  • From page 173 of the owners manual.

Using RFID Transponders
    When attaching an RFID transponder (used by many automated toll systems) inside Model Y, place the transponder on the right side of the rear view mirror as shown. This ensures best results and minimizes any obstruction to your driving view.
    NOTE: You can also attach a weather-proof transponder to the front license plate.

They even have a picture.
  • > @btreth said:
    > From page 173 of the owners manual.
    >
    > Using RFID Transponders
    > When attaching an RFID transponder (used by many automated toll systems) inside Model Y, place the transponder on the right side of the rear view mirror as shown. This ensures best results and minimizes any obstruction to your driving view.
    > NOTE: You can also attach a weather-proof transponder to the front license plate.
    >
    > They even have a picture.

Yup I was just going to post this you beat me to it.
  • Speaking of owners manual I own a M3 for over 2 years now. We just ordered our Y the other day. Even Though the Y is very similar to the 3 yesterday I downloaded the owner's manual and flipped threw it just to see if there was anything diff that I needed to know.

Yes there is the rear seats operate different is just one example of many.

So to all new and old things change over time take a few min and just page over the manual lots of good info.
  • Or like most simply complain on a forum so others can do it for you lol.
  • Anybody try mounting ez pass on that back of the screen, or on the dash behind the screen, where it’s out of view?
  • I suggest mounting it where the owner's manual suggests you mount it. Just my opinion, though...
  • I bought an exterior transponder that supposed to mount on front license plate. I mount it in inside of the front bumper with two ties. It works great, detects few milliseconds earlier that makes even better.