Model 3

Disable lane change option?

I recently upgraded to Fsd after having my tesla model 3 for one year just with autopilot. Nearly everything is working as it should. However even after 2 days and cameras being all calibrated, I am not getting a option in customise navigation menu to disable Lane change confirmation? Also it won’t go through green lights without confirmation? Why is this and will it come in eventually by itself or do I need to book a service request to have this looked at. As it appears that these options were on previous updates before I had Fsd? And advice please?

Comments

• Confirmation is still required for safety. FSD capability is not level 5 automation at this time. I would suggest reading the owner’s manual so you understand the features and functionality of the car.
  • Lame change and green light are two different features with different functions:
    1. There is a toggle in navigate on AP to disable lane change confirmation, to allow the car to make the lane change without your inout. See page 105 in the owners manual. It tells you where it is.
    2. The car will go through a green light without confirmation *only if* there is a leading car in front of you. In all other cases, at this stage of the features development, you must confirm going through the green light. This is in the release notes for this feature.
  • > @"stingray.don_98527447" said:
    > Confirmation is still required for safety. FSD capability is not level 5 automation at this time. I would suggest reading the owner’s manual so you understand the features and functionality of the car.

I do completely understand this and never said it was level 5. But the option to disable lane changes in the custom navigation menu is a tesla feature and there are menu videos of people using this. I don’t have the option and was wondering if it will eventually come in in next few days or if it sounds like there a glitch and I need to book a service to get the update pushed to my car as it came on a 2019 update. When I didnt have Fsd?
  • > @M3phan said:
    > Lame change and green light are two different features with different functions:
    > 1. There is a toggle in navigate on AP to disable lane change confirmation, to allow the car to make the lane change without your inout. See page 105 in the owners manual. It tells you where it is.
    > 2. The car will go through a green light without confirmation *only if* there is a leading car in front of you. In all other cases, at this stage of the features development, you must confirm going through the green light. This is in the release notes for this feature.

This is what I am saying I do it have the toggle option displayed in the menu just enable at every trip

And speed based lane changes

No disable option
    And no notification option?
  • @"gregory.wilshaw_98200989" - What M3phan said is correct. What exactly is the issue? I don’t understand your previous reply.
  • Guys I have wrote two or 3 times now. That in the customise navigation screen, I do not have displayed the option to disable lane change confirmation! I don’t know any other way to explain it !no Option! Not on the screen
  • Reboot?
  • Screen shot?
  • Pretty sure this setting is in the “autopilot” section. Not navigate.
  • That is where you look for it.
    http://imgur.com/a/zlRoTze
  • Also your just disabling the stalk confirmation. It will require a steering nudge to confirm your hand is on the wheel during the lane change.
  • The picture WW posted, in there you’ll see Customize Navigate...press that and you get a second popup that has several toggles for your Nav on AP preferences.

And what HAL said in addition, yes. Hand must remain on wheel to provide torque resistance even with auto lane change.
  • I actually posted two pics scroll down and you see second one.
  • Ohhhhh. Haha. What he said.
  • Mama Mia guys all of you trying to help but your are not listening to what I am saying, in the autopilot/ then custom navigation there are only two options enable at the start of every trip,
    And speed based lane changes, final end of menu, no disable lane changes option which I know only disables stalk, but that the point right. And know notifications option.

Short getting frustrated but nobody is listening or answering the question.
  • Do you have the two screens that WW_spb kindly posted in his imgur link?
  • To be fair, everyone is trying to help and the initial description is a little confusing. Why not upload a pic on Imgur? Definitely easy to do.

It sounds strange. To help, can you tell us current software you’re on, do you have FSD, HW3?
  • I have version 2020.36.11 Fsd hw3 car purchased 04 sept 2019z When I go to the Navigate on Autopilot customization menu I only have 2 options: One for enabling this on every new navigation, and another one to set the speed based lane change. That's it!
    I don't have the option to disable the lane change confirmation.
  • Sounds like a service request is in order… Because you should have more than two toggles based on your car configuration
  • Or post screen shot so we can see what you see. It is not that hard.
  • @"gregory.wilshaw_98200989" - Where are you located? The lane change confirmation feature might not be available in all regions,.

What notification option are you talking about? There isn’t a notification option in the Navigate on Autopilot settings.
  • @"gregory.wilshaw_98200989"

Yeah sounds very odd. Service request via app. Never heard of this happening.