General

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Is the Porsche Taycan better than a Tesla?

Comments

• > @Bighorn said: The list of short comings is well documented."

Yes Tesla shortcomings on quality, features and functions is well documented but this is more the basic build of the vehicles.

Porsche from tech to quality to luxury to features is years ahead of any Tesla as it should be for a $100k plus product from arguably world's best automaker.
  • He’s been wrong on Taycan since claiming that it cannot be had under $200,000.
  • Show me one
  • Fish is so bad he argues with himself now.
  • > @Bighorn said:
    > Show me one

I don’t need to show you one. You can go to the configurator and build your own just like any other potential customer.
  • Kindergarten thinking.
  • You cannot buy ANY Porsche Taycant for less that $200,000. *

*loaded
  • Porsche dealer 2 miles from my house. I go there with my friend, has a 911s, two taycan on the floor, one was 197k, other 203k, doors locked,
    Told Salesman I just bought a MY, he just walked away, kinda hurt my feelings
    Good looking car, look good in my garage
    I’ve had two Porsche’s, never again, the required service is a dealbreaker, taycan might be better, good luck
  • Taycan is just plain better if you’re interested in performance, technology, reliability, build quality and if you can afford it.
  • > @Darthamerica said:
    > Taycan is just plain better if you’re interested in performance, technology, reliability, build quality and if you can afford it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhah

Sure. And that “thick fingered vulgarian” is actually a very stable genius.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahjahahahjahahhahahahahahhahhahah
  • > @SamO said: > You cannot buy ANY Porsche Taycant for less that $200,000.

Start at $103k for 4S.

Loaded 4S is $130k but that includes so much more tech than Tesla from Heads Up Display to Night Vision
  • Loaded 4s is $203,000 fish for brains.
  • > @SamO said: > Loaded 4s is $203,000 fish for brains. "

Except when it's actually $130. Well a bit less.

Total Price:* $129,310 including $24k in options that Tesla doesn't offer.
  • Fish arguing with himself again, instead of stated, supported facts.

If I want a Taycan, the nearest dealer is 400 miles away. How would I get it home? Would thy deliver it? Can I order it online or do I need to spend a couple days of driving and negotiating?
  • > @Bighorn said: > If I want a Taycan, the nearest dealer is 400 miles away. "

Nobody cares.

Porsche Taycan is the ultimate EV right now, so many features Tesla doesn't have from EV tech (800V system) to basic working adaptive cruise, lane keeping, blind spot alert to heads up display and night vision.
  • Hahaha.
  • Not the stupid 800V tech again. You'd think FISHEV would get tired of the endless lies. 800V on the Porsche uses the awful CCS charging system, where most stalls are not capable of providing 800V, and you have to step down to 400v at 50 kW or buy the special option to go to 150 kW. No matter the method, it's always slower than any new Tesla in charging time for miles gained - the only metric that matters for charging.

Tesla is #1 in Lane-keeping (Consumer reports 2021) and while Tesla is #2 in Active driving assistance systems when tested, Porsche is in the poor category, at #11 out of 17 companies tested. Even basic TACC is a $2,000 option, as it seems nothing is included in the base price. I wonder if they include wheels?

So claims of being the most technically advanced, or even an ultimate EV are good marketing from Porsche, but far from true. Yes, the Taycan has some options from the VW junk bin available. Go for it if you can't see at night or are unable to move your eyes to see a display instead of heads-up. It's all moot once FSD is available on Tesla anyway, a feature Porsche has been unable to design and will not be in the Taycan.
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said: > Not the stupid 800V tech again. You'd think FISHEV would get tired of the endless lies. 800V on the Porsche uses the awful CCS charging system where most stalls are not capable of providing 800V, and you have to step down to 400v at 50 kW or buy the special option to go to 150 kW.”

Short version. Porsche Taycan has the fastest charging of all EV’s due to most advanced 800V system, 277kWh currently.

It will be upgraded to 350 kWh.

EA has 350kW stalls ready and waiting.

https://i.imgur.com/gZdEPJI.jpg

Advantage Porsche on charging and most advanced wiring.
  • What advantage? The Taycan has the worst efficiency of any EV sold today. Yes, it requires 270 kW charging to start to get close to Tesla, but Tesla at 250 kW is far faster to charge because it is far more efficient. So miles gained per minute of charging are faster on every new Tesla.

And the 800v system Taycan system is heavier than Teslas because of extra insulation, bigger connectors, extra contactors, and extra electronics to support 400v charging that is more common on the awful CCS system that the Tayacn requires. So further disadvantages there.

Yep, EA has a few stalls that support 350 kW, when working, but the Taycan would blow up if you feed 1000v into its battery. It cannot be retrofitted without replacement of the entire battery pack and charging system. There has not been an announcement or any plans by any automaker to support 350 kW charging. Please stop making up stuff.
  • Don’t respond to fish lies and disinformation
    It’s like talking to a trumptard
    Just ignore him
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said: Taycan would blow up if you feed 1000v into its battery. “

As would the lower voltage, 400 vs. 800, slower charging, 250 vs. 270, Tesla. Not to worry the 350kW EA chargers are built for the task.