General

Starting March 15th, Tesla Forums will become read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Is the Porsche Taycan better than a Tesla?

Comments

• > @TabascoGuy said > For the benefit of others

So you ask what I meant but claim it was "for a friend". How droll.
  • Try reading what I actually posted instead of misquoting me.
  • > @TabascoGuy said:
    > Try reading what I actually posted instead of misquoting me.

Did you one better, posted your direct quote.
  • Fish is 100% lier. Ignore him.
  • I did not post what you quoted anywhere in this thread.

Is it possible your notes got shuffled at the shift change?
  • Does anyone reading this thread think that any car is capable of circumnavigating North America? One user made and doubled down on that claim, but I'd like to know if anyone actually believes it.
  • @MAB

It is possible but it would have to be an AWD off road vehicle with a support crew, logistical planning, and, a huge chunk of free time.

That or Bighorn could do it.
  • edited October 2020
    > @TabascoGuy said:
    > @MAB
    >
    > It is possible but it would have to be an AWD off road vehicle with a support crew, logistical planning, and, a huge chunk of free time.
    >
    > That or Bighorn could do it.

I think you’d need to put the car on a boat. SERIOUSLY off road :P
  • A boat would definitely help. Greenland would still be tricky.
  • > @TabascoGuy said:
    > A boat would definitely help. Greenland would still be tricky.

And the Aleutians, the Andreanofs, etc.
  • > @TabascoGuy said:
    > A boat would definitely help. Greenland would still be tricky.

With a couple of solar panels on the top of the car giving 20 miles a day you would go around America in less than 1 lifetime no problem
  • Better in what way? “Better/best” is subjective or rather the importance of certain features/capabilities is subjective. I have driven a Taycan and the only thing IMHO that it has over the Model S is the fit and trim of the interior.

The interior is cramped, the dash is cover is a bazillion virtual buttons, make for a very busy dashboard. If you want the auto opening charge port door, that is a $600 option. The nav screen map is in gray scale making it extremely difficult to see the roads. If while touching the center screen and you arm brushes up against the screen below it, the functions of the screen you were touching, changes. You see, the angled center screen controls the display of the center screen above it.

Then there is the 100% range of the car I drove was 212 miles based not the displayed miles vs the SOC. Oh and it had a price of $169,000.
  • > @jordanrichard_629778 said:
    > Better in what way? “Better/best” is subjective or rather the importance of certain features/capabilities is subjective. I have driven a Taycan and the only thing IMHO that it has over the Model S is the fit and trim of the interior.
    >
    > The interior is cramped, the dash is cover is a bazillion virtual buttons, make for a very busy dashboard. If you want the auto opening charge port door, that is a $600 option. The nav screen map is in gray scale making it extremely difficult to see the roads. If while touching the center screen and you arm brushes up against the screen below it, the functions of the screen you were touching, changes. You see, the angled center screen controls the display of the center screen above it.
    >
    > Then there is the 100% range of the car I drove was 212 miles based not the displayed miles vs the SOC. Oh and it had a price of $169,000.

The conclusion of Marques Brownlee is with a same price tag, both car being delivered in your driveway, with the same supercharger network, he would favor the Taycan for driving experience
  • And Marques Brownlee now car expert lol
  • I think some are a bit too harsh on the Taycan. It's an ideal car to show you have a cheap car in your 9 car garage/man-cave. You can show it off with your Bugatti Chiron and Ferrari 812 Superfast. I suspect that's what Bill Gate's Taycan is used for. Seems most Taycans are destined more for show than for actual use, so the limited range, fake engine noises, awful CCS charging and other problems are never an issue.
  • > @WW_spb said:
    > And Marques Brownlee now car expert lol

By the way I love the guy.
  • > @WW_spb said:
    > And Marques Brownlee now car expert lol

He drove a Porsche Taycan, something you will never do.
  • > @Teslionaire said:
    > > @WW_spb said:
    > > And Marques Brownlee now car expert lol
    >
    > He drove a Porsche Taycan, something you will never do.

Haha you know nothing about me broke boi.
  • Teslionaire, well as I said I drove a Taycan, and for me, it’s not better than my Model S, even if Porsche had a charging network like Tesla. “Best” is subjective. So I wouldn’t put Brownlee’s remarks on a pedestal.

Presently my car has 183,000, it was built in March 2014 and AFTER a range loss of 8%, I still have 42 more miles range than a brand new 2020 Taycan that has a larger battery.
  • > @jordanrichard_629778 said:
    > Teslionaire, well as I said I drove a Taycan, and for me, it’s not better than my Model S, even if Porsche had a charging network like Tesla. “Best” is subjective. So I wouldn’t put Brownlee’s remarks on a pedestal.
    >
    Not knowing who Brownlee is, I couldn't tell if those comments were tongue in cheek. It reads like: "If two things which aren't true were true, I'd pick this one."
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said > I think some are a bit too harsh on the Taycan."

Actually most are very complimentary of the Porsche Taycan as arguable the best car made on top of being the best EV made.

The 11,000 NA circumnavigation documented by on Taycan owner was just one reason why the Taycan gets such good reviews from media and owners. When talking to the Taycan owner while charging at EA, he said there was an "Eco" mode and he was getting 240 miles. He was charging to make a 200 mile round trip to coast and was confident he'd make it.

https://insideevs.com/news/404931/porsche-taycan-turbo-road-trip/
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > > @jordanrichard_629778 said:
    > > Teslionaire, well as I said I drove a Taycan, and for me, it’s not better than my Model S, even if Porsche had a charging network like Tesla. “Best” is subjective. So I wouldn’t put Brownlee’s remarks on a pedestal.
    > >
    > Not knowing who Brownlee is, I couldn't tell if those comments were tongue in cheek. It reads like: "If two things which aren't true were true, I'd pick this one."
    >

He’s an excellent Tech reviewer.

Probably the first YouTuber any company sends their new smartphone for him to test and review it for his growing fanbase.

The guy has constant Memes about “So I have been testing the Porsche Taycan for 2 years and here are my first impressions” while the product is not even out yet.

He is really respected by the entrepreneurs and interviewed Elon Musk, Zuckerberg, gates, will smith, etc...

Now to judge if he is a car person, no. He had had Model S and now bought a Raven maybe 1 year ago. He tested the Taycan and that’s about it. He reflects the average millennial, really fond of tech and use cars for transportation but can appreciate the tech in the car.
  • “When we did our standard 70 mph range test in the Taycan 4S, we exceeded the EPA claim for that version (203 miles / 326 km) by a huge margin, managing to drive the car for a very impressive 278 miles on one charge. Others have also had similar results.”

https://uk.motor1.com/news/461013/fully-charged-porsche-taycan-range-cold-weather/
  • Right now, yes.
  • Can you dig more old threads trolls?