General

Tesla Forums are now read only. To continue the conversation with the Tesla community visit engage.tesla.com.

Is the Porsche Taycan better than a Tesla?

1568101115

Comments

  • > @blkice said:
    > Thanks TT for the TechTruth
    > Always learn something with your posts

    > @FISHEV said:
    > > @blkice said: > Always learn something with your posts"
    >
    > Your welcome.

    You can’t read butthead?
  • How many REAL miles do most of you people get with your Tesla's? Please post your Model, Year and battery size. I think that some of us are curious to see if we're really getting anywhere near what Tesla claims we should be getting.
  • The higher the TSLA go the more FUD posted by FISHEV.
  • > @tldickerson said:
    > How many REAL miles do most of you people get with your Tesla's? Please post your Model, Year and battery size. I think that some of us are curious to see if we're really getting anywhere near what Tesla claims we should be getting.

    2018 LR RWD, My 30k mile average since Sep 2018 is 226Wh/mile which is better than EPA rating.
  • > @derotam said:
    > > @tldickerson said:
    > > How many REAL miles do most of you people get with your Tesla's? Please post your Model, Year and battery size. I think that some of us are curious to see if we're really getting anywhere near what Tesla claims we should be getting.
    >
    > 2018 LR RWD, My 30k mile average since Sep 2018 is 226Wh/mile which is better than EPA rating.

    I guess I didn't post my question correctly. How big is your battery? I presume a 100 KW. How many miles can you go on a full charge?
  • > @tldickerson said: > How many REAL miles do most of you people get with your Tesla's?"

    Such a wide variation of climates and drivers.

    For EV's, I'd go with the 10% deration for "real world" and up that to 30% for winter driving, cold and wet.

    Appls like TeslaFI.com and StatsApp can track your real range and show you were energy is getting used.
  • > @tldickerson said:
    > > @derotam said:
    > > > @tldickerson said:
    > > > How many REAL miles do most of you people get with your Tesla's? Please post your Model, Year and battery size. I think that some of us are curious to see if we're really getting anywhere near what Tesla claims we should be getting.
    > >
    > > 2018 LR RWD, My 30k mile average since Sep 2018 is 226Wh/mile which is better than EPA rating.
    >
    > I guess I didn't post my question correctly. How big is your battery? I presume a 100 KW. How many miles can you go on a full charge?

    I answered your query appropriately but I'll go ahead and rephrase it for you. My car, based on my average efficiency would be expected to get 326 miles out of the original 310 specified when I purchased the car.
  • Admins wake up and ban FISHEV.
  • > @jimglas_98269389 said:
    > How many REAL miles do most of you people get with your Tesla's? Please post your Model, Year and battery size. I think that some of us are curious to see if we're really getting anywhere near what Tesla claims we should be getting.
    > ------------------------
    > depends upon whether I am going up to my mountain home or coming back down
    > ; )

    Do you get your rated miles when your going in a straight flat line. Get real Jim, there's no Turbo here.
  • mine was an honest statment
    hardly use any "miles" when driving back down
  • 2020 M3 LR
    Rated range is 310 miles ("Claimed" in your vernacular).
    309 REAL miles the first time I checked.
    311 REAL miles the second time I checked.
    I haven't checked since.
  • > @tldickerson said:
    > How many REAL miles do most of you people get with your Tesla's? Please post your Model, Year and battery size. I think that some of us are curious to see if we're really getting anywhere near what Tesla claims we should be getting.

    The farthest I’ve driven my 2019 M3P non stop was 290 miles.
  • I drove my P3D- 295 miles twice with an 11% buffer remaining.
  • ...hold my beer... just kidding, not going to try it, not this time of year in Virginia!
  • It looks like nobody has a Model S or they don't want to report their actual available range they get. Oh well, I was just curious.
  • > @tldickerson said:
    > It looks like nobody has a Model S or they don't want to report their actual available range they get. Oh well, I was just curious.

    As soon as I will do my first long trip in 2016 S I will report.
  • @WW_Icefree
    Is that a 85, 90 or 100 battery?
  • I have a Model S. The mileage would have varied significantly over the last 300+k miles. Superchargers are 100ish miles apart, so there's hardly an opportunity to stress test it.
  • > @Bighorn said:
    > I have a Model S. The mileage would have varied significantly over the last 300+k miles. Superchargers are 100ish miles apart, so there's hardly an opportunity to stress test it.

    Can you easily skip one charger and make it to the next?
  • > @Bighorn said:
    > I drove my P3D- 295 miles twice with an 11% buffer remaining.

    After my 290 there was nothing - about my P.

    13% farther? No thanks, I’ll stop.
  • > @tldickerson said:
    > @WW_Icefree
    > Is that a 85, 90 or 100 battery?

    60 original unlocked to 75.
  • > @tldickerson said:
    > > @Bighorn said:
    > > I have a Model S. The mileage would have varied significantly over the last 300+k miles. Superchargers are 100ish miles apart, so there's hardly an opportunity to stress test it.
    >
    > Can you easily skip one charger and make it to the next?

    That's not how I travel. Too inefficient to charge past 80%. Generally, I wouldn't be concerned about a 200 mile leg.
  • I averaged under 300wh/m in my 2013 s60 over 4 years and 100k. I could get about 265 Wh/m at 65mph and 240 between LA and San Diego.

    The long range model 3 gets 245 over 45,000 miles with 232Wh/m at 65 in SoCal.
  • My P85+ is at 318 Wh/m long term.
    I drove 100 miles yesterday to go skiing, up 5000 feet. And averaged 301 Wh/m RT. Temps in 30s. Heat at 76.
Sign In or Register to comment.