Energy Products

What does "STOP SYSTEM" Do?

When I login to my Tesla Gateway via the IP there is a big red text under the battery icon that says STOP SYSTEM. Does anyone know what this does and what will happen if I select it?

Comments

• Interesting! That's fairly new. If you click on it, you get this big warning:

Stop System?
    CAUTION: This will stop Powerwall and system operation.

- If the electrical system is off-grid, any backed up loads will be dropped within 5 minutes.
    - If the electrical system is on-grid, Powerwall will stop charging/discharging.
    - If an update is in progress, it will be terminated
    - While the system is off, logging will be stopped
    Note: Normally, the system should be disabled by turning off the Enable switch on all Powerwalls and by opening their breakers.

After stopping the system, to start the system again, click the Start button on the landing page.

Click Yes below only if you are confident the system should be stopped.
  • @TeslaTap - did you put 9 volt batteries against your tongue as a kid just to find out what happens ?
    Kidding aside - one of the most useful posts on any of these forums ever. Thanks for clicking and sharing.
  • > @"TeslaTap.com" said:
    > Interesting! That's fairly new. If you click on it, you get this big warning:
    >
    > Stop System?
    > CAUTION: This will stop Powerwall and system operation.
    >
    > - If the electrical system is off-grid, any backed up loads will be dropped within 5 minutes.
    > - If the electrical system is on-grid, Powerwall will stop charging/discharging.
    > - If an update is in progress, it will be terminated
    > - While the system is off, logging will be stopped
    > Note: Normally, the system should be disabled by turning off the Enable switch on all Powerwalls and by opening their breakers.
    >
    > After stopping the system, to start the system again, click the Start button on the landing page.
    >
    > Click Yes below only if you are confident the system should be stopped.

Thank you. I got this same message when I logged into it and forgot to change installer to customer. It automatically shut down the system. I fixed it by turning off and on the power button on the batterywall
  • > @Jones_lab_guy said:
    > @TeslaTap - did you put 9 volt batteries against your tongue as a kid just to find out what happens ?
    > Kidding aside - one of the most useful posts on any of these forums ever. Thanks for clicking and sharing.

It's funny, I went to test a 9v that way once and someone tried to stop me thinking I was going to hurt myself.
  • One of life's problems of being a curious engineer - you can't resist trying stuff to see what it does :)
  • First thing I did as a kid, when I got a new mechanical toy?

I took it apart to see how it worked.

My parents found it alarming the first few times...until I successfully put them back together again.

I understand that this practice is pretty common among young, budding engineers, and it only gets worse (or better, depending on how you look at it). Gasoline engines, toasters, radios...nothing was safe.

I call myself a "recovering engineer", because you can never stop thinking like an engineer. It's both a blessing (to me), and a curse (to others). Just ask my wife...

BSEE, Tau Beta Pi, CA Theta, 1979