Model Y

2021's are officially here!!!!

I just read this quote on another forum...

"I just got my VIN today. 5YJYGDEE8MF061xxx. LR, MSM, B&W, 20" Induction, FSD. Ordered 10-3-20."

the 10th digit of his VIN is the coveted letter 'M'

Comments

• Great just not sure how other like me have ordered long before you and don't even have VIN's or any indications of delivery at all.
  • I ordered on the 5th, received VIN on 7th. It is the "M" and in the Mvpa, on page 2 where it says description of property, it has Year: 2021. My VIN # is 60507.
  • I ordered Sept 22 still nothing no MVPA no updates.

I don't get how you guys ordered in Oct and got VIN's in a few days obviously they are not filling orders in the order they receive them in.
  • Hi 007 - I agree. Someone that drove by the Fremont factory recently said there were an awful lot of Blue Y's outside. Sure enough, a high percentage of delivered vehicles in the last 2-3 weeks are blue. So, I think they have a "rotation" and I just got lucky. But who knows, you may end up with your car before me. I also noticed that California had a disproportional number of deliveries - but that could have been the 3rd quarter push to get them out.
  • To be honest I think it depends on the configuration. Some builds may happen first even if they were ordered after because that’s the configuration the factory built. That’s why there are colors and configurations with higher VIN’s with older manufacture dates etc. There is no real rhyme or reason that I can discern. This is just based on what I’ve following these and other forums.
  • I rejected our Y for defects on Sunday Sept 27th. Told them to reorder one for us but not to pull one from inventory somewhere. Our defective Y was VIN 48,878. Got our new VIN today and its a 2021. VIN is 60,3XX. No text or email yet but the new VIN is attached to my account.
  • I ordered a blue Y, and still nothing.
  • Ordered my LR AWD/MSM on 9/28/20 and no VIN yet.
  • I ordered a LR, w trailer hitch, white/white on 9/16. Last week my VIN showed up in the online acct. The model year is 2021. No delivery date yet.

Could a 2021 model year reflect the use of the single piece rear frame casting (“gigapress”)?
  • Ordered a Blue LR on 8/26. Still no VIN.
  • I did Red on my wife's 3. So I decided to go Blue with White interior on the Y.

Blue/White LR AWD with FSD

Now I have a Blue Y, Blue cat 🐈, Blue iPhone 12, and Blue eyes.

Coincidence, I think not! -
    Sherlock to Dr. Watson

The Blue iPhone 12 can't be ordered until next week. It's for my wife's birthday.

I would never own an iPhone personally.

I ordered the BlueY, the Friday before Tesla end of quarter.

Because I live in the Bay Area (6 miles from the Tesla factory) and ordered Blue,

Tesla left the Y (now named Blue, like the cat) in my driveway on Wednesday, the 30th of September.

I never saw a person from order to delivery.

My puzzle was to figure out how to do the initial unlock - to get to the access cards.
  • Ordered my blue LR / White interior / Gemini wheels on 9/25 and took delivery on 10/10 in Scottsdale. It is a 2020.
  • Ordered my blue, long range, white interior with 20" wheels on Sep 27. No VIN as yet. I am on the east coast.
  • I ordered a Blue Model Y, LR-D, a week ago (to replace my 2019 M3) and they had one for me in less than a week. Then I read about the "refresh" they are doing on the M3 with double pane windows (road/wind noise redux) and matte center console vs the black dust & finger print collector of old. So I cancelled my MY order to wait and see if the refresh will be evident on the 2021 Y's. Anyone know if these changes are included yet on the Y, and if so, how do I order one to be sure I get them? TIA!
  • > @jjswenson_98531609 said:
    > I ordered a Blue Model Y, LR-D, a week ago (to replace my 2019 M3) and they had one for me in less than a week. Then I read about the "refresh" they are doing on the M3 with double pane windows (road/wind noise redux) and matte center console vs the black dust & finger print collector of old. So I cancelled my MY order to wait and see if the refresh will be evident on the 2021 Y's. Anyone know if these changes are included yet on the Y, and if so, how do I order one to be sure I get them? TIA!
    >

Be careful when you order a Model Y and they call you that soon after to say "hey we found one exactly like you ordered". It's probably a reject from someone else. After my 1st attempt at a new Y that I rejected, I then asked for a factory gate date (or the date if actually leaves the grounds at Fremont factory) of after October 2nd. We originally were picking up our Y on Sept 27th. Now, the new one is a 2021 model year whereas the other one was a 2020. Not a huge deal but....in a few years, it might make a difference when I go to sell it.
  • Just got my VIN and it's in 62,3XX and it's year 2021. Ordered LR White on white with 20" on Oct 2.
  • Ordered blue LR on 9/23. VIN assigned 10/7. Local service people say its on a train to Chicago now, and they can't provide any more updates until it arrives there. Picking up in Cincinnati.
  • > @Jbenni said:
    > I ordered a LR, w trailer hitch, white/white on 9/16. Last week my VIN showed up in the online acct. The model year is 2021. No delivery date yet.
    >
    > Could a 2021 model year reflect the use of the single piece rear frame casting (“gigapress”)?

I would LOVE to know the answer about the single piece casting as well!! Delivery times say 5-9 weeks for me in Maryland. Haven’t ordered yet, but soon. But yeah, would like to now if the delivery times are so long because of the single piece rear casting and the need for crash worthiness testing with it on the Model Y now. That’s what I had heard as to the long delivery times.
  • > @tdwin2000 said:
    > > @jjswenson_98531609 said:
    > > I ordered a Blue Model Y, LR-D, a week ago (to replace my 2019 M3) and they had one for me in less than a week. Then I read about the "refresh" they are doing on the M3 with double pane windows (road/wind noise redux) and matte center console vs the black dust & finger print collector of old. So I cancelled my MY order to wait and see if the refresh will be evident on the 2021 Y's. Anyone know if these changes are included yet on the Y, and if so, how do I order one to be sure I get them? TIA!
    > >
    >
    > Be careful when you order a Model Y and they call you that soon after to say "hey we found one exactly like you ordered". It's probably a reject from someone else. After my 1st attempt at a new Y that I rejected, I then asked for a factory gate date (or the date if actually leaves the grounds at Fremont factory) of after October 2nd. We originally were picking up our Y on Sept 27th. Now, the new one is a 2021 model year whereas the other one was a 2020. Not a huge deal but....in a few years, it might make a difference when I go to sell it.

I don't think it is much of an issue with Tesla. There are a lot of updates happing under the hood all the time, most of them you can't see or don't hear about until someone tears down Tesla and inspects every part. I guess time will tell.
  • Received a text today to schedule delivery for late October for a 2021 model. If delivery occurs as scheduled, would put it at one month from order to delivery.
  • > @tdwin2000 said:
    > > @jjswenson_98531609 said:
    > > I ordered a Blue Model Y, LR-D, a week ago (to replace my 2019 M3) and they had one for me in less than a week. Then I read about the "refresh" they are doing on the M3 with double pane windows (road/wind noise redux) and matte center console vs the black dust & finger print collector of old. So I cancelled my MY order to wait and see if the refresh will be evident on the 2021 Y's. Anyone know if these changes are included yet on the Y, and if so, how do I order one to be sure I get them? TIA!
    > >
    >
    > Be careful when you order a Model Y and they call you that soon after to say "hey we found one exactly like you ordered". It's probably a reject from someone else. After my 1st attempt at a new Y that I rejected, I then asked for a factory gate date (or the date if actually leaves the grounds at Fremont factory) of after October 2nd. We originally were picking up our Y on Sept 27th. Now, the new one is a 2021 model year whereas the other one was a 2020. Not a huge deal but....in a few years, it might make a difference when I go to sell it.

Yes, that was one of my concerns too. Still wondering if the 2021 Y's will have the matte finish center console and double pane windows??
  • Red model Y LR ordered on 28 sep. got vin today 613xx. Where do I rinse year. Vin has M in there. Where do I find MVPA?
  • I'm still waiting no VIN no news ordered 9/22 LRAWD white/black 18 inch in NJ.

MVPA is on the lower right near the others like lemon law.
  • Thank you but I only order agreement above lemon law disclosure. But the agreement has no info about year. Thank you again and congratulations to all.
  • No one will use your reference code troll