Roadster

Another Cancellation Question

Reserved 2020 Roadster back in 2018 (luckily just $50k) and waited patiently as we all have. When the Plaid was announced, I reserved a Plaid MS and decided that the Roadster is not going to see the light of day for at least two more years and the Plaid is a great alternative. Decided to pull the plug on the Roadster and cancel my reservation. The fun begins...

Day 1
Not having any way to cancel except to call the number provided on the account page,(surprisingly) someone actually picked up and told me the check would be in the mail in 2 weeks. WOW this will be easy peasy (yes I know, even though I have been a Tesla owner since 2012, I figured maybe after all this time things have changed...sorry!)

Day 2
Receive email requesting confirmation of mailing address WOW2, this is really happening.

Day 3 - Day 20

Nothing. Dead silence. Silencio (anyone understand the reference it was beginning to feel like a David Lynch movie)

Day 21

Find myself in Santana Row and decided to head over to the Tesla store and talk to someone in person. A dutifully masked young man (guess Tesla only hires you if under 25 and woke) approaches me and asks if he can help me. I tell him my plight and show him the reservation on my iPhone, and from what I could see, he appeared to be the proverbial deer in the headlights. He says he will ask the "manager" about it since he is clueless (not his words, just my impression) and comes back assuring me that the manager will come out and talk to me after his lunch break (its 3PM). After a few minutes, the masked young man comes back and tells me the manager will call me back by end of the day. Can you guess what did not happen? No call, nada, looking back I felt like I was getting the bums rush.

Question: has ANYONE successfully received their deposit back after cancellation and, if so, how did you manage to do it and how long did it take?

Thank you