Model Y

Driving on the beach?

Just got our Model Y AWD and wanted to know if its possible/safe to drive it on the beach?

Comments

• Yes. It's great on the beach. For added fun, take it into the ocean and see how amazingly it floats.. I was partly on the way across to England when I realized the supercharging station mid Atlantic wasn't open yet so I turned around and went back to the beach.
  • You want to deflate the tires if you drive on the beach with regular tires. I don't know if the Y has fulltime 4WD but my brother has a Honda SUV with AWD and he drives it on the beach around Daytona which is fine and well packed sand. I even drove my 2 wheel drive on the beach. However with the weight of a BEV, I don't know if would sink in if you were in loose sand. I've seen 4WD Jeep Wranglers stuck in loose sand when I lived in NJ.
  • > @WarriorOne said:
    > Just got our Model Y AWD and wanted to know if its possible/safe to drive it on the beach?

I wouldnt chance it. I got stuck at Daytona. Granted I was in a front wheel drive Sebring but like Tesl2018 said about the weight, its not worth the risk and embarrassment.