Model S

The car is a piece of junk that runs fast

A high school group of geeks will build a better car. My 2 week old s has been to the dealer twice for different issues. I wish i can return it. I know a lot will attack me but the car is not worth the money.

Comments

• Just curious. Anything specific of significance or just general malaise?

Both ours were to the dealer several times when new for various issues. All fixed with a smile. Best vehicles we’ve ever owned. And most fun. Sorry it is not same for you.
  • Alignment issues. They tried to fix, made the trunk not close and stay open. Frunk wire under hood rubs against the metal and makes loud noise. Passenger camera loose and not stable. After car wash, water under the hood, charging unit and sides of trunk. Metal in front of the driver’s mirror not attached well to the body of the car.
  • They cheapened the S in late 2016 then built the X on the new chassis. Enough for that but then they got sloppy with manufacturing and then eliminated customer service and turned service centers into a bunch of surly creeps who tell customers to suck it up. A Ford Galaxie from the 60’s did not have fit problems which are routine with all Tesla models. They once set the bar so high that they embarrassed Rolls Royce and today they are wantonly and obviously abusing their customers. It only took five years for that high bar to crash and burn. Resale is already feeling this week’s price cuts and used prices are dropping yet again. To scratch the Tesla itch, buy a used one for a third of new. Funny how Elon said the cars would appreciate but value drops like a rock.
  • The "dealer" would fix this via mobile service, not at the "dealership"

But hey, nice try
  • king kong angry. king kong smash
  • Car is junk spot on! And the company is worse than junk in trying to resolve matters. How can new cars have this much mismatched paint, misaligned panels, and other issues that should be caught during QA. I also wish I could return mine.
  • People can’t see unacceptable quality issues within 7 days? Dubious.
  • So much bullshit hard to read. Bla bla bla
  • It is easy to see problems in 7 days. Getting tesla to fix them is a whole different story. In my case, I saw some paint chips the day of delivery. An advisor said to take pictures and they would fix after delivery. Then the next day they said the paint chips could have been caused by me (although I have time stamped pictures at delivery) and the pictures show their parking lot. I then said i would return the car and the store leader said I will have to pay for the rock chips. Ha so much for the 7 day return and believing that tesla will fix things after delivery.
  • @npatel40 said:
    > It is easy to see problems in 7 days. Getting tesla to fix them is a whole different story.

Just know that they fixed every single thing on our cars. And continue to accommodate requests no other maker would do.....
  • Obvious troll
  • Total BS here.
  • 100% the truth. Beleive it or not. There is no reason for me to lie.
  • There is no reason for you to be honest about anything.
    Let us know how your highschool geek mobile turns out.
  • 3 trolls at once? Someone on another thread that owner verification to start a thread has been ended. If so, we are seeing the attack of the trolls again like a few years ago...
  • At least npatel40 admits he works for Exxon (in another thread). It's unknown so far if he's paid to spread FUD or just likes doing it on his own as a good company employee. I'd guess EVs could cause him to lose his job, so I can understand why he's so bitter. Odd that he'd buy an EV though.
  • > @npatel40 said:
    > 100% the truth. Beleive it or not. There is no reason for me to lie.

I lost count how many other trolls here have said the same.
  • > @SbMD said:
    > > @npatel40 said:
    > > 100% the truth. Beleive it or not. There is no reason for me to lie.
    >
    > I lost count how many other trolls here have said the same.
    >

Send me your number and ill send you a contract to purchase the [email protected] Tesla I own! Let's make this transaction public. Unless you purchase it seems like your the troll
  • > @npatel40 said:
    > > @SbMD said:
    > > > @npatel40 said:
    > > > 100% the truth. Beleive it or not. There is no reason for me to lie.
    > >
    > > I lost count how many other trolls here have said the same.
    > >
    >
    > Send me your number and ill send you a contract to purchase the [email protected] Tesla I own! Let's make this transaction public. Unless you purchase it seems like your the troll

Upload to the cloud and post a link in this chat thread.

And how would we know the purchase agreement is yours?
  • > @npatel40 said:
    > It is easy to see problems in 7 days. Getting tesla to fix them is a whole different story. In my case, I saw some paint chips the day of delivery. An advisor said to take pictures and they would fix after delivery. Then the next day they said the paint chips could have been caused by me (although I have time stamped pictures at delivery) and the pictures show their parking lot. I then said i would return the car and the store leader said I will have to pay for the rock chips. Ha so much for the 7 day return and believing that tesla will fix things after delivery.

-------------

Did you not inspect the car at the service center when they handed you the paperwork.

Chips can happen 10 seconds after you start driving on roads.
  • My Delivery Advisor used his own phone (or Tesla's) to take pictures of paint issues. Two very minor issues at that. Same phone that I signed that the issues were the ones I pointed out.

It doesn't make sense that they would tell you to take the pictures on your phone.
  • > @Silver2K said:
    > > @npatel40 said:
    > > > @SbMD said:
    > > > > @npatel40 said:
    > > > > 100% the truth. Beleive it or not. There is no reason for me to lie.
    > > >
    > > > I lost count how many other trolls here have said the same.
    > > >
    > >
    > > Send me your number and ill send you a contract to purchase the [email protected] Tesla I own! Let's make this transaction public. Unless you purchase it seems like your the troll
    >
    > Upload to the cloud and post a link in this chat thread.
    >
    > And how would we know the purchase agreement is yours?

https://twitter.com/Npatel401/status/1315638564399521792?s=19

How do you know the purchase agreement is mine? I have the car and title thats how. Seems basic to me.
  • How do we know that's not some random car that got into an accident and got a crappy paint job? Or a replacement bumper that has a different lot number white paint?

We've seen people post suspension that is not even a model s suspension.