Model 3

Autopilot cameras unavailable

Someone had issues with autopilot cameras? My car have less than three weeks and already have issues with them, one already stop working and for the past three days the car have the same message.

Comments

• Call the "Emergency Service" number (tap the Tesla T on the screen) when you get the error message.

They can look and see why AP is disabled and schedule a service appointment to fix it.
  • This is definitely not emergency service. Just set up regular service request via your app.
  • Thanks, I already scheduled a service appointment to fix some other issues with the rear bumper and trunk, but also add the camera issue. Do you have issues with your cameras?
  • One year old M3, no I don't have any problems with cameras.
  • Will often (today a few times) get "X camera not available". Today it was apparently from sunlight angle.

If you see condensation inside the camera housing, mostly in the pillar cams, that's means the seal is not working and that needs to get fixed.
  • Fish is known long time troll that has been Trolling here since 2016. Banned and came back. Take his suggestion with grain of salt bc mostly they are full of shit.
  • I review the cameras and don’t have any type of condensation, look like the left side camera is intermittent, just review a video where the left side is not longer capable to record but later is recording. After see all the issues my car had with gaps (body panels and headlights) I’m not surprise that maybe the camera was not properly installed
  • Okey. Troll on. I am out
  • In my opinion to say the issues we face with our cars is not trolling, but to help others to identify the issues and to help Tesla to improve
  • > @mgonzalezr_93413156 said > I review the cameras and don’t have any type of condensation, look like the left side camera is intermittent, just review a video where the left side is not longer capable to record but later is recording."

When it happens, call the Emergency Service number and they can look at the car in real time via Tesla's Virtual Technician. That is the best chance of identifying why the camera keeps going offline is to see the error while it is happening.

Direct sunlight and rain are the most common causes of the cameras going offline.
  • More nonsense from Fishy. Have been thru heavy rains and no cameras went out.
  • Have had T 3 for 35 days. "Autopilot cameras unavailable" is on the screen. Advised to take in for service. Grrrrr.
  • I've been getting "Multiple cameras blocked or blinded" error for a couple of weeks. I thought it was due to heavy rain. Hmm
  • Also have the same message on new car I picked up 5 days ago. Can’t access the autopilot cameras. Is there a fix for this without going to the dealer for servicing?
  • Just got the "autopilot cameras unavailable" for the first time Yesterday and again today. No condensation on any cameras. When in reverse the driver side camera does not show up, only the rear backup camera and passenger side camera. The the problem is likely with the driver side camera on front fender.
  • I'm also getting that message, ever since delivery last Saturday (when I noticed the car was wet, probably from being hosed down - mmm I wonder if there's a connection there, vis first post on this). However the cameras all seem to be working, with images appearing as traffic passes. I haven't given it the full test yet though. Anyway I've arranged a mobile visit to clear it as it is quite annoying.
  • I have experienced issues with multiple cameras on my M3 (dual-motor, long range) with less than 3 months/2,000 miles. Both pillar cameras show condensation, when raining. The driver side is not nearly as bad as the passenger side. Tesla cancelled my service appointment, stating it is normal. With one side being about 5x as bad as the other, that leads me to believe at least one side (passenger) is not sealed properly. I live in the Pacific NW, where we get lots of rain, so this is not acceptable. Further, yesterday, my driver side fender camera has completely stopped working. Now, not only AutoPilot is affected, but also collision avoidance . . . so this is a safety issue. I sent a note to Tesla service, asking if I can still keep my appointment, this week (I was scheduled over 2 weeks out). Will see what happens. I had greater expectations for a new Tesla. I agree with other posters that I preferred the layout of the dash, before the latest upgrade. I do thank them for the .2S 0-60 boost they gave us for free, a month or so ago! Beside the camera issues, I love my M3!
  • Just spoke with support . . . they cannot troubleshoot this, remotely. Being January 1, they were unable to schedule service, but the agent agreed with me that, if the condensation is about 5x as much on one side as the other, that doesn't seem right. It seems like there have been numerous posts about the driver side front fender camera failing. More to come, after speaking with Tesla, tomorrow!
  • > @mgonzalezr_93413156 said:
    > Someone had issues with autopilot cameras? My car have less than three weeks and already have issues with them, one already stop working and for the past three days the car have the same message.

Same here. Just got car for three days... a lot issues. found Steering wheel off 10-15 degree to the right (scheduled SC). Then tried Auto pilot, found cameras work intermittently, some time see cars around, some time don't... Not sure what else, too frustrated...
  • I had my car about three weeks when the left front fender camera stopped working. I live about 80 miles from the nearest Tesla service center. The earliest appointment I could make was in 20 days. But, when the technician came he simply replace a camera connecting cable. It took all of 15 minutes and everything has worked fine for the past 3 months.