Model Y

Model Y now has 326 miles advertised

https://www.tesla.com/modely

Comments

• Liking that! Haven't received my VIN yet, so goody for me.

I wonder if it's a software update and will be retroactive for existing owners? We can hope.
  • Yes to software update according to news sources.
  • > @jimt29 said:
    > Yes to software update according to news sources.

Really? I had not seen that, but being < 3% I can see that being true.
  • Heard on the news that this is more like an efficiency boost to the Y unlike model 3 which will need a new heat pump to get the additional mileage. Since the Y already has a heat pump, the increase in mileage can be easily done by Tesla by pushing a OTA software update. I hope Tesla does that to all model Y owners else I am going to really upset, considering that it hasn't been even a month since I got my Y.
  • But not yet released to current Y 's ?
  • > @marcustcohn_613318 said:
    > But not yet released to current Y 's ?

I’ve seen a couple reports here (in the General forum) and on Facebook that 2020.40.7 does increase your rated range to 326 for the Y. The FB post had a pic where the ‘what’s new in this update’ text read something akin to - rated range increase without affecting accel or climate control.
  • My update came yesterday 10/16
  • has anyone taken delivery of a 2021 Y yet? I know there were a lot of VIN's assigned (including mine)? I was scheduled to pick it up on Oct 26,27 or 28. However it's a weekday so picking up the following weekend. Anyone else know what else is different on the 21 other than the 10 miles boost in range? Anyone confirm the new single piece frame?
  • Got the 2021 today. Put order in 2 weeks ago. Wasn't expecting it to be a 2021. No one mentioned the update at Delivery. Does anyone know the update version number? No problems noted except the back seats were about 1/4 inch off. Technician pushed into place and so far has been straight.
  • > @tdwin2000 said:
    > has anyone taken delivery of a 2021 Y yet? I know there were a lot of VIN's assigned (including mine)? I was scheduled to pick it up on Oct 26,27 or 28. However it's a weekday so picking up the following weekend. Anyone else know what else is different on the 21 other than the 10 miles boost in range? Anyone confirm the new single piece frame?

Same car and all MY’s got the 10 mile boost via software update.