Model S

THE FEELING AINT THE SAME, DRIVING TESLA Then wife car

Well I have owned my 2015 s85 for month half now and have drove nothing else but had to drive a gas car today and it felt so weird. I kept getting out the car and not pressing the button to cutt it off. I even once got out and didn't put it in park knowing when I open door it will go into park. I kept reaching for the gear stock which was the wiper handle on the car I was driving and I had to stop and put 25 dollars of gas in which is today I received my light bill today and my bill was $134 dollars which is normally 84 dollars.. So I felt like I been bamboozled all this time. I don't think I will ever go back to a gas car unless something really big happens with this tesla that just urkes me.

Comments

• Welcome to the family. Some of us have a 7-8 year head start on you. Meaning, we know exactly what you are saying.
  • I had the same problem with my Model S. When I drove wife's ICE car on weekends (it needed weekly overpriced dead dino smoothies), the family would laugh at me as I turned on wipers trying to put it in park and had to walk back across parking lot because I forgot to turn engine off or lock the car.

Don't despair, there is a solution for the problem.

I bought her a Model 3 and now I am completely cured!
  • I havent been to a gas station in 2 months and its great.
  • My daughter loaned my wife her Subaru for some errands. Later that day, my daughter drive to town in one of the Teslas and found her car idling, parked on Main St.
    Has been happening to most of us since adjusting to something better.
  • Every car is a set of compromises with needs, expectations, economics and the laws of physics. An EV is better in some areas (acceleration being a big one) but there are drawbacks as there are with any car platform. The idea is to define one’s needs and find the best fit. For some that will be EV and for others it will be ICE. It’s all about working two lists to get the best mesh and there are no wrong answers.
  • > @narrenschiff_92841313 said:
    > Every car is a set of compromises with needs, expectations, economics and the laws of physics. An EV is better in some areas (acceleration being a big one) but there are drawbacks as there are with any car platform. The idea is to define one’s needs and find the best fit. For some that will be EV and for others it will be ICE. It’s all about working two lists to get the best mesh and there are no wrong answers.

But....but one uses GAS. And emits.

Just sayin'.