Model S

Bought a new Model S and the bumper and rocker panels are different colors

It's very visible that the rocker panels and bumper are a different color. The service team said it is within "spec" what spec I asked "oh we can't tell you." Can I see the spec..."no". This is what I expect from a 10k car where the car panels don't match in color. If you are buying a Tesla please check all the panels colors and REFUSE delivery because they will NOT fix after delivery even if they say that they will. Better yet wait for Lucid.

Comments

  • What happened? You took it home and over night the colors changed? Magic? Was the car black? So we could say Black Magic?
  • So many trolls posting ever since owner verification was taken down.
  • > @akikiki said:
    > What happened? You took it home and over night the colors changed? Magic? Was the car black? So we could say Black Magic?

    Also need age verification. This guy sounds 12. But no, it was noticeable at delivery and thw advisor said to email him pics the next day and they will fix. But now they are not
  • And now no 7 day return window. Need to have a better checklist for purchase inspection.

    My next Tesla won't have paint, so no worries there.
  • What color? Have you posted pics we can see?
  • Its white. How do I post pictures?
  • My friend recently bought a brand new white Lexus RX 350 and the bumper has a slightly different color. Brought it back to the dealership as we suspected a repaint job but we're told that it was within specs. As proof they took us to look at all their new RX in inventory and it was indeed slightly off for all of them. Maybe it is hard to have paint on plastic bumper match paint on aluminum body?
  • > @inconel said:
    > My friend recently bought a brand new white Lexus RX 350 and the bumper has a slightly different color. Brought it back to the dealership as we suspected a repaint job but we're told that it was within specs. As proof they took us to look at all their new RX in inventory and it was indeed slightly off for all of them. Maybe it is hard to have paint on plastic bumper match paint on aluminum body?

    I have had 7 white cars, including 2 lexus. I expect it to be a little off. But the back bumper and rockers are way off. The front bumper is perfect, which is strange.
  • When I took my car to get wrapped just after I got it, the guy said that the colors were slightly off in a certain area, as if they sprayed it again after the initial painting. I couldn't notice so I didn't make a big deal of it.
  • I paint cars for a living and I show customers before I ever paint them how they front and rear bumper color look Alittle different plastic absorb paint different
  • https://twitter.com/Npatel401/status/1315638564399521792?s=19

    That's in a garage. Much more visible is the sun.
  • > @Nogasnohands said:
    > I paint cars for a living and I show customers before I ever paint them how they front and rear bumper color look Alittle different plastic absorb paint different

    I agree except the front bumper matches better and is a different color vs the rear bumper and rocker panels. If they were all the same I'd agree. But that's not the case here.
Sign In or Register to comment.