General

Tesla Return Policy Quietly Ended

On the heels of two S price cuts and a big cut in the 3 price in Europe this week, Elektrek reported that Tesla “quietly ended the 7 day return policy last night”. I didn’t believe it but Tesla Sales just confirmed this. Presumably this also means a car cannot be rejected for cause. Time will tell but this is unsettling. Based on the number of <1k mile inventory cars, many were being returned. No comment from Tesla, but they no longer have a PR department. I have to wonder about those within the 7 day period now who think they can return the car.

Comments

• edited October 16
    “ Presumably this also means a car cannot be rejected for cause.”

Nonsense. If the car isn’t up to snuff, don’t sign the purchase agreement.
  • Like many return policies, you have wonder how many people were able to use it. By the time they get told it's "Within Normal Limits" sevens days is up.
  • Any particular reason why you are a straight up liar?

https://imgur.com/a/Z5d1j9u
  • Lol I know they ended 4/50k used car basic warranty . Check used section for yourselfs.
  • I dont understand how you can say that someone from Tesla confirmed that they ended their return policy when you can go and try to order a car right now and the return policy is there.
  • Andy, call sales Department and ask. Prove this fool wrong
  • I dont think i have to call anyone. Its more likely @narrenschiff_92841313 is just lying because he said that people have confirmed it yet just go to configure a vehicle right now and the return policy is there.

Lying is much more likely.
  • Ugh. Posted a link to the Elektrek article. That will prolly show up in a day or two...
  • Article about?
  • So this means the 15 minute delivery is no more as every purchaser should carefully inspect their new car for bad paint and poor assembly. Additionally every buyer must test drive before signing any paperwork. More like 2 to 3 hours if done thoroughly. Betcha the policy returns once the impact slows sales.
  • The return policy did not get removed.
  • 2-3 hours to do what? Bajaj you are cray cray
  • I also tried to post a link to the Electrek article that says the return policy has ended, but it has to be approved by the moderator first. That’s a first for me.
  • It's funny how people think that just because it says something on the Tesla website, they think that it is still valid, cause Tesla has never had anything on the website that wasn't true before. haha.
  • > @WW_spb said:
    > Article about?

About Tesla ending the return policy.
  • Tried to post part of the link. Didn't work.
  • Just go to Elektrek and scroll down till you find the "tesla cancels ballsy no question asked 7 day return policy" article.
  • Hmmm. Yes, I tried to post the link and got the pop up that it must be approved.
  • Well that sucks but I bet sales are good if they cancel that.
  • "The support page for the policy now redirects to Tesla’s general support page without any replacement policy."
  • > @WW_spb said:
    > Well that sucks but I bet sales are good if they cancel that.

Agreed, it was likely implemented to demonstrate product confidence and draw sales.

Now that they have achieved their goal, and sales are doing very well, there have been too many snowflakes abusing that privilege so it had to end.
  • > @TabascoGuy said:
    > Just go to Elektrek and scroll down till you find the "tesla cancels ballsy no question asked 7 day return policy" article.

Yea, it appears this forum is starting to censor much like social media does so well ~/
  • > @Migizi said:
    > > @TabascoGuy said:
    > > Just go to Elektrek and scroll down till you find the "tesla cancels ballsy no question asked 7 day return policy" article.
    >
    >
    > Yea, it appears this forum is starting to censor much like social media does so well ~/

Posts with links sometimes require moderation, but they show up eventually.
  • Lol they are doing poor job bc Fish is still posting
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > > @Migizi said:
    > > > @TabascoGuy said:
    > > > Just go to Elektrek and scroll down till you find the "tesla cancels ballsy no question asked 7 day return policy" article.
    > >
    > >
    > > Yea, it appears this forum is starting to censor much like social media does so well ~/
    >
    >
    > Posts with links sometimes require moderation, but they show up eventually.
    >

actually - just to test that theory, I made two additional post attempts - one by spelling their site with spaces between each letter, followed by the word dot, followed by the last two letters and it was flagged for moderation.
    Then I tried to just post the first word or their web site address and it was flagged for moderation

so they are in fact censoring reference to 'that' web site when their algorithm detects it.