Semi

Upgrading Distance

I think making a electric motors that has an electrical generator attached to drive shaft or mounted with a pulley on both & belt would produce electricity as you drive recharging batteries switching from auxiliary battery then back to main batteries.Make accessories have separate batteries on each one like your cell phone freeing up power for driving.

Comments

• On the Tesla semi trailers 53 foot put batteries underneath then plug into wiring to provide electricity to semi truck. Also put solar panels you use on houses too. TRUCKERS like me want a truck that we can drive 69 to 70 hrs or more a week then take 34 break reset or log to start a fresh 70 this would be plenty of time to recharge semi & trailer.I think many would like more distance in any semi & would buy$
  • > @ItsMe said:
    > I think making a electric motors that has an electrical generator attached to drive shaft or mounted with a pulley on both & belt would produce electricity as you drive recharging batteries switching from auxiliary battery then back to main batteries.Make accessories have separate batteries on each one like your cell phone freeing up power for driving.

This will have a net loss effect. You can't make power by using power. You would drain more from your primary battery than you'd ever make this way.

> @ItsMe said:
    > On the Tesla semi trailers 53 foot put batteries underneath then plug into wiring to provide electricity to semi truck. Also put solar panels you use on houses too. TRUCKERS like me want a truck that we can drive 69 to 70 hrs or more a week then take 34 break reset or log to start a fresh 70 this would be plenty of time to recharge semi & trailer.I think many would like more distance in any semi & would buy$

The issue with this is cooling. Tesla (really, all BEV batteries) require heating and cooling management. How do you manage coolant levels, flow, monitoring, etc? A very difficult task to manage. Just keeping the cooling/heating system clean as you'd have to plug and unplug each trailer H/C system as you transferred to a new trailer would be a nightmare.