Model 3

My new Model 3 obsoleted in 5 weeks

Comments

• You got the better deal IMO, the new wheels are hideous!
  • > @NorthValley said:
    > You got the better deal IMO, the new wheels are hideous!

Aren't they same on the model Y performance?
  • So much moaning from people who have driven their cars for 10 minutes! When I bought my car they swopped the chrome wheels for dark gray ones. Things change constantly. Tesla is going to update your car for years to come. How many other manufacturers do this?
  • > @WW_spb said:
    > > @NorthValley said:
    > > You got the better deal IMO, the new wheels are hideous!
    >
    > Aren't they same on the model Y performance?

No they changed them to the 20" Uberturbine style wheels, which I DO NOT like!
  • Seems like they also changed chrome for chrome delete black only now. I actually prefer that which is why I had my car chrome deleted (not black though, I went for the same color as the dark gray wheels). Not liking the door handles in black though. I kept mine same color as body.
  • > @NorthValley said:
    > Seems like they also changed chrome for chrome delete black only now. I actually prefer that which is why I had my car chrome deleted (not black though, I went for the same color as the dark gray wheels). Not liking the door handles in black though. I kept mine same color as body.

Yeah, I wonder how hot they will get in our south sun.
  • Southern*
  • @OP, ever heard of the Osborne effect? It’s absolutely vital that a company *not* pre-announce new features, so they don’t tank sales of the current product.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect
  • I like the chrome highlights, never understood the chrome delete. Just a matter of taste I guess.
  • The market isnt smart enough to process what was told to us on Battery Day. Tesla told us exactly what is going to happen to their cars starting end of next year. All stock analysts heard was that nothing is going to happen for 2 years.

Fools!
  • > @wayne47 said:
    > I like the chrome highlights, never understood the chrome delete. Just a matter of taste I guess.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
  • > @andy_connor_e said:
    > The market isnt smart enough to process what was told to us on Battery Day. Tesla told us exactly what is going to happen to their cars starting end of next year. All stock analysts heard was that nothing is going to happen for 2 years.
    >
    > Fools!

Even more true if this new batteries will be delivered next year ;)
  • Did you see the latest reports of over 8000 cycles with 80% capacity remaining?

To give perspective, a 300 mile range pack with 8000 cycles is a 2.4 million mile battery.
  • @AesopRock said:
    "I guarantee 100% the Tesla apologists trolling these threads would be pissed too."

I for one am not upset at all. I would say that you must have missed my comment saying so but you actually responded to it.
  • Apologist is a great word, but what you meant is realist.
  • I bet he is not pissed by free navigation updates and added features after buying the car. What a whiny tool.
  • All part of not telling people when improvements are going to be implemented. 0% osborne, 100% tantrum
  • Different wheels, acoustic glass, a different center console, a heat pump, and blacked out trim. Oh my god, I don't even recognize the car anymore! I'm gonna upgrade my 2 year old Model 3 right now!
  • I have a 2018 LR RWD that I paid well more than anybody in 2020 paid for, and got a much faster AWD model. I still love it but I could have had a better car had I waited 6-9 months. This comes with every product but it’s accentuated when adopting earlier in newer tech. The pill isn’t that hard to swallow. Try not to let it spoil what will still be a great experience.
  • my car is JUNK!
  • I forgot to factor in the power trunk... my cars value just went to 0
  • > @lbowroom said:
    > I forgot to factor in the power trunk... my cars value just went to 0

You'll be lucky if you could give it away now!
  • My “new” Model 3 Performance lasted for 3 weeks and 900 miles before it was obsoleted and its resale value reduced by an additional 10%. Partly my fault for believing Tesla when they say they don’t do model year updates. I was so excited to get the Model 3. It’s my first electric vehicle and I did love it. But I’m also so disappointed by what Tesla has done here that I will probably get rid of the Model 3 and look for something else. Maybe Polestar or Lucid.
  • Bahaha more dumbasses coming out of woodwork.