Model 3

My new Model 3 obsoleted in 5 weeks

Comments

• Get rid of it fast so you can realize a depreciation hit that otherwise would have gone unnoticed. Not proud, but I said the IQ would be dropping around here as prices came down. Mean, but true.
  • > @p98725405 said:
    > My “new” Model 3 Performance lasted for 3 weeks and 900 miles before it was obsoleted and its resale value reduced by an additional 10%. Partly my fault for believing Tesla when they say they don’t do model year updates. I was so excited to get the Model 3. It’s my first electric vehicle and I did love it. But I’m also so disappointed by what Tesla has done here that I will probably get rid of the Model 3 and look for something else. Maybe Polestar or Lucid.

You mean the Polestar which had to be recalled because they didn’t include any way to do over the air updates?
  • > @p98725405 said:
    > My “new” Model 3 Performance lasted for 3 weeks and 900 miles before it was obsoleted and its resale value reduced by an additional 10%. Partly my fault for believing Tesla when they say they don’t do model year updates. I was so excited to get the Model 3. It’s my first electric vehicle and I did love it. But I’m also so disappointed by what Tesla has done here that I will probably get rid of the Model 3 and look for something else. Maybe Polestar or Lucid.

Please do sell it...we have our fill of trolls here already! Thanks!
  • I love my Model 3. What's this resale value you speak of?
  • "My “new” Model 3 Performance lasted for 3 weeks and 900 miles before it was obsoleted and its resale value reduced by an additional 10%. "

You wont the award for Dumbest post of the day. That is a true accomplishment with Fish here. Although with that being your first post, you likely are fish...
  • because its all fake. The trolls hammer Tesla for not updating and than hammer them for updating. #FakeNews
  • > @p98725405 said:
    > Partly my fault for believing Tesla when they say they don’t do model year updates. I was so excited to get the Model 3. It’s my first electric vehicle and I did love it. But I’m also so disappointed by what Tesla has done here that I will probably get rid of the Model 3 and look for something else. Maybe Polestar or Lucid.

Tesla *doesn’t* change the car each year. And they have never said what you say they said.
    Polestar or Lucid? Save up your coins and be prepared to wait. Don’t buy them right away either because they may come out with an update right after you buy.

One cannot live in peace that way.
  • Wait, this is not a good time to buy a Model 3:
    1: Never buy the first of a new model, because they are not as good as the outgoing one. The wheels might break, the matt black trim might rust, the chrome delete might peel. The aircon might not work well.
    It would be better to wait until this model is about to be refreshed when all the bugs in all those changes are ironed out.
    2: Do not ever buy a Nov/ Dec build, because it is about to be headed off by a 2021 build.
    3: Also it is well known, do not buy a car built on a Friday or a Monday. They always have more faults.
    :)
    When quoting me please include the smile :)
  • Hey I got mine year ago in November :)
  • I got for my wife, I mean.
  • You may get a mileage boost which others of us definitely won’t receive. I have single motor for the price that others now purchase dual motor. You have more range than mine. Improvements are going to occur and price drops will occur. It’s just the way it is. Don’t worry, just enjoy your great car. The differences really are minor in the scheme of things.
  • So I'm working with Tesla on this and they've actually offered higher than sticker on my trade, which is amazing. I would have to eat the FSD but working to sort that as well. Looks like Tesla is working to make this right. If you're in a similar situation ignore the community hate trolls here and reach out to Tesla.
  • So the 'hate trolls' here as you call us, actually called it right then. You kicked off bashing Tesla and said you would not deal with them again and now, they are sorting out your issues! Check yourself before throwing all your toys out of the stroller first and you wont get jumped on!
  • Adult Temper Tantrums are very prevalent here.
  • Probably not adults at all just hired guns most likely below 30's.
  • I'm below 30's :)
  • “ I would have waited to order had I known...”
    —————

That can always be said. You’ll be able to say it in 2025, 2030, 2035 and beyond because this company updates their vehicles on a continual basis. You’ll never buy a car from Tesla that won’t receive physical updates after the fact. The only way to avoid this is to not buy.
  • Now the Model 3 has been obsoleted by the Polestar. Why didn’t anybody warn us of its prodigious performance, in reverse?

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-loses-vs-polestar-2-race-video/amp/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it&__twitter_impression=true
  • Yep, it's awful that Tesla limits reverse to 15 mph. I expect many want to go 130 mph or more in reverse! Tesla stop limiting our reverse speed! We want to see some spectacular crashes. I'm surprised FISH isn't all over this. Thanks, BH for bringing this critical limitation to the forefront :)
  • > @Bighorn said: > Get rid of it fast so you can realize a depreciation hit that otherwise would have gone unnoticed."

In OP's case, willing to take a reasonable hit to upgrade to the new model he would have waited for had Tesla been more customer oriented vs. it's caveat emptor practices.
  • Has FishEV ever posted anything positive about Tesla? Ever? Even inadvertently?
  • He's not paid to tell the truth - only to spread lies and FUD. That's why he and his group are posting 24/7.
  • “ willing to take a reasonable hit to upgrade to the new model he would have waited for had Tesla been more customer oriented”

No car company in the world takes cars back for buyers remorse
  • > @lbowroom said: > No car company in the world takes cars back for buyers remorse."

Well not anymore. Too many people using it.

"Tesla has reportedly canceled an audacious return policy in which new buyers of its electric vehicles could return them for a full refund within seven days. The news, reported on Friday by Electrek, marks an end to one of CEO Elon Musk's flashier marketing strategies."

In this case, Tesla could have offered fair market value to customer buying a new car. It would have cost Tesla nothing, in fact Tesla would make two profits, one for selling another new car, one for selling a market priced used car, three if one counts a brand loyal customer in what is becoming an increasingly competitive EV market. Four if one counts the bad PR of a disgruntled customer with a legit complaint such as this one.