Model X

Wind Noise from leading edge of passenger door windows?

I have a ranger coming back next week to attempt to fix this again, but curious if anyone else has had this problem. If I take a slip of paper a couple inches wide, I can't slide it in at all on the driver side doors. On the passenger side, I can get it in past the edge of the glass then it hits a lip about 1/2" in. Before the first visit, on the falcon wing window, the paper would slide all the way through and you could feel a breeze while driving.

Was fine with the breeze being gone, but now after a week since that visit, and rolling the windows up and down and a car wash, the noise is back even though I can't fit the paper all the way through. But, it definitely isn't as well fitting as the driver side. Not even close.

Anyone else? Or am I just lucky.

Comments

• We have the same issue in our new MX. Service has ordered a new triangle section and say that will fix it. Driver's window was also being slow to raise when the door was closed, but they fixed that without needing parts.
  • I have had wind and excessive road noise with my 2018 MX. Had it to service 3 times cannot fix it. Great car but noisiest car I have ever owned.
  • I too have road noise at highway speeds on the drivers side. Is there a better seal available? My Lincoln Nautilus is much quieter.