Model S

Tire exclamation light on

My tire light is on shows left rear in yellow. At 41 pounds but all the other tires are too. It was at 40 when I start driving and changed in pressure once got warm so its reading apparently why is it on if its changes and showing good pressure???

Comments

• Are you on 19 or 21 inch tires? For 19 inch, the recommended pressure is 45 psi. It's the at-rest pressure that is when you should be at the recommended level; not after it warms up from driving.
  • It dipped below threshold at some point. No big deal. Happens increasingly with lower temperatures. Add air.
  • First tire pressure post of the season. You win!
  • I had my first temperature-limited regen of the season this past week (in the mountains).
  • @Nogasnohands - it is a time-honored tradition that someone posts about this. Take it in good spirit and stride, and thanks for inaugurating the winter season of posts :)

In the "old" Forum, we were able to artificially pin the lead post for the "How to use your Tesla..." thread which has info and links to explain this and a myriad of other info about the car. You have to go to page 1 of that post, but there are a lot of useful links.
  • Pump your tires up to 45 and you will lose the exclamation mark
  • Yep, happens in all heavy cars spring and autumn.
  • Say what now?
  • Sdmd I'm actually a mechanic and I just new it had to be a malfunction being all my tires showing the same pressure but its highlight one tire as the issue but its showing same pressure as other ones so why those aren't yellow?
  • The yellow one was triggered by a threshold reading. Takes a while to clear.
  • > @Nogasnohands said:
    > Sdmd I'm actually a mechanic and I just new it had to be a malfunction being all my tires showing the same pressure but its highlight one tire as the issue but its showing same pressure as other ones so why those aren't yellow?

> @Bighorn said:
    > The yellow one was triggered by a threshold reading. Takes a while to clear.

Yep. Just the way it behaves. Get them up to proper pressure and it will clear.
  • The door jam sticker on the car says 45psi for 19inch wheels. Why is this a discussion. Just follow the instructions.
  • > @Silver2K said:
    > Just follow the instructions.

Can't right now - there's a big ass rocket booster sitting on it. :-)
  • > @Bighorn said:
    > Say what now?

It is possible that heavier cars, having larger tires, are slightly more prone to pressure fluctuations due to changing seasons.

I expect the effect to be small, a few psi at most.
  • Not a variable in the standard gas laws.