Model 3

Got my Model 3 2 weeks ago and know they cut the price and add more features

So i got my model 3 two weeks ago, and it sucks now to see a relative big price cut as well as some improvements. Should i just live with this, or do you recommend that i take this further?

Comments

• lol yes further to mars
  • Nothing you can do about it really. As you see a lot of owners are complaining, more about getting taken by surprise and Tesla not offering a discount to buyers of the older models with Tesla knowing they were going to be obsoleted.

Usually car mfgs offer discounts on the older models to move them and announce the newer models months in advance so buyers are not take by surprise.
  • Changes are minimal and really mostly about what you prefer. Like new interior is not important, black out trim again I like chrome, power trunk is nice but can be done on our cars as well, range increase is nice but I already have more than enough range to work with, faster 0-60 seems will be update for existing cars as well, rumored new heater is not important I live in south.
    Again nothing earth shattering happened. People just feel that they are entitled for freebies. Move on and enjoy what you got. You can't keep up with new Tech unless you planning to upgrade every year or so.
  • How many of these threads do we need?
  • Check existing threads before posting people. It will really help.
  • I'm a bit peeved with this situation as well. This definitely takes the shine off of Tesla for me and will be reflected in any recommendations I make of buying a Tesla to others. Less than 200 miles on my car, SR+ and here come a number of attractive upgrades for the same price. It's not a matter of expecting every upgrade for free but had I known this was so close to release I would have waited a few weeks. Even Apple gives you a heads-up when the newer iPhone is coming out. I think this will also affect future resale value. The extra range from newer batteries and the much hyped octovalve are significant - this is a technology purchase after all.
  • Last year I bought my M3SR+ in Metallic Pearl, for which I paid a $1500 premium. About a month and a half later they dropped the price $1000 and made Metallic Pearl the no-price default, so I basically lost $2500.
  • > @AmokTime said:
    > Last year I bought my M3SR+ in Metallic Pearl, for which I paid a $1500 premium. About a month and a half later they dropped the price $1000 and made Metallic Pearl the no-price default, so I basically lost $2500.

Nah, you didn’t lose anything, you traded the full price of the vehicle for the vehicle.
  • > @82bert said:
    > How many of these threads do we need?

Good lord, I know, these are racking up, aren’t they??!
  • > @M3phan said: > Good lord, I know, these are racking up, aren’t they??!"

That the fanbois can't delete other owners posts and comments has changed the Tesla Forums for the better.

All these owner posts would have been deleted by the fanbois.

Forum is much more about the cars and owner issues.
  • Nonsense by FishTroll. There is no reason to spam forum with same subject threads. This forums becomes so disorganized it's not even funny anymore.
  • Um, threads can get deleted if enough flag the OP. So.....
  • Same occurred for iPhone 11 buyers. Technology advancement sucks. We should have laws against product improvements.
  • People need a place to vent frustrations. Perhaps we could petition the forum overlords to create a new area for venting complaints (not likely). Family and friends are unlikely to be sympathetic. “I’m on the bleeding edge with this rather expensive car I bought, and now I’m starting to bleed.” Maybe it makes people feel better to cast their complaints into the uncaring void of the internet.

If you don’t want to see these threads, don’t answer them. They’ll quickly sink off the front page and disappear into the void of page 2.
  • Thank you for your donation.
  • I am also very upset about all the great additions 3 weeks after I bought my car. I would definitely have waited. I would have loved the heat pump as I live in Canada and it’s supposedly helpful to maintain battery. I have the reconfigured frunk. Do you think I will be able to install one aftermarket
  • Welcome to Tesla, the company of continual improvements. Get used to it. You still have the car you agreed to buy at the price you agreed to pay for it. Every time you bought a car from a traditional dealer, you had no idea what other people were paying and you probably paid more than someone else for the same car.
  • It is ironic that without improvements, people would be happier with the exact car they currently have...
  • > @lbowroom said:
    > It is ironic that without improvements, people would be happier with the exact car they currently have...

I am super happy with the car, I love it in every way possible. The obly thing that annoys me is that I kind of lost 35000 nok in the exact same car (the currency i use ~ 3000$) in 2 weeks
  • You won't find much sympathy here, ironically, but I'm in the same boat and feel that Tesla could have handled this refresh WAY better. This simply doesn't happen with traditional car makers, the public knows well in advance when a model year will be refreshed and how.
  • I advance all the whiners hire shrink.
  • > @WW_spb said:
    > I advance all the whiners hire shrink.
    But wait...aren’t you whining about whiners?
  • Nope. Ya all will vanish in couple weeks.