Model 3

Engineering complication on Model 3 Performance

Hello Tesla leadership team!

I've been trying to get assistance on an Engineering Complication that I'm having with one of the two Tesla that I own, I was hoping to hear from Mr. Riccitelli no luck! I also have another vehicle waiting for us to pick up from your Tyco Rd. location in Mclean Virginia.

I've owned 7 electric vehicle from various manufactures, this is the first time that I have a vehicle with RUST forming at the base of the front two fenders in addition the rear doors we’re set to far inward from the manufacture creating chips at the lower portion of the door well, if the doors were flush with the body this wouldn’t be happening. As an advocate of your product and your consumer I would just like the situation to be made right, so I can have the vehicle for years to come. I would think this would be a basic and simple conversation based off of what I see and how far the doors are set inward, to my defense my other vehicle the doors are flush with the body and I don’t have any of these complications with that vehicle.

I get it no one wants to help a customer that is reaching out and everyone from the store front wants to blame the driver, unfortunately this is just lack of intelligence.

It is also unfortunate that Edward Medlin and Andrew Todd have misinformed Tesla based off of the subject line of the email (Subject: Re: Excessive Paint Chipping on Rocker Panel and Rear Door Fender) I also understand that this subject describes the intention behind the email, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure this out. This complication will not go away for Tesla because it’s happening on certain cars and it’s not consistent, I asked the local store front to escalate this to an engineer to take a look at so we can have an intelligent conversation about what’s happening, I would think it’s pretty simple to say the least.

I look forward to having an intelligent conversation about this complication, and hope that Tesla is interested in having cars on the road that aren’t developing issues due to manufacturing problems at the consumers expense.

Thanks again for hearing my story!
I wish everyone a wonderful and safe day in our new world.

Joshuanva

Comments

• This is an owners forum where we all trade info. It’s not monitored by Tesla. You’ll have to contact service.
  • > @joshuanva said: > I've owned 7 electric vehicle from various manufactures, this is the first time that I have a vehicle with RUST forming at the base of the front two fenders in addition the rear doors we’re set to far inward from the manufacture creating chips at the lower portion of the door well, if the doors were flush with the body this wouldn’t be happening."

Likely this issue. I put on Bouldoc mudflaps (flexible vs. solid) and had PPF applied from rocker cover up about 4". Since you have the damage already, get it fixed and then PPF the areas.

"Tesla Will Pay For Mudflaps In Canada: Generosity Or Strategy?"

"A company is accused of delivering a defective product. It does not admit that but starts to provide – at no cost – something that will prevent the issue from appearing as fast as it currently is. What do you call that: generosity or strategy?

In a competitive business world, “for free” is not something you hear very often, especially from a company that has just started to turn a profit, such as Tesla. Well, it is offering Canadian Model 3 owners free mudflaps."

https://insideevs.com/news/383414/tesla-mudflaps-for-free-canada/
  • The Tesla Leadership Team doesn’t participate here...
  • > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > The Tesla Leadership Team doesn’t participate here...

They should and you have no idea if they do or not.
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > > The Tesla Leadership Team doesn’t participate here...
    >
    > They should and you have no idea if they do or not.

Always the contrarian. Provide a link to a recent post from a Tesla account.
  • > @"stingray.don_98527447" said: > Always the contrarian. Provide a link to a recent post from a Tesla account."

Reading is under rated.
  • This stuff is getting comical now. Keep it up fellas...
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > > @M-A-B-MCMLXXX said:
    > > The Tesla Leadership Team doesn’t participate here...
    >
    > They should and you have no idea if they do or not.

I hope Tesla employees have far better things to do than to trawl through all the posts you have ruined with your anti Tesla garbage
  • maybe they should look at these forms that way they can better their product and help customers at the same time.
  • > @joshuanva said:
    > maybe they should look at these forms that way they can better their product and help customers at the same time.

Forum is a rumor mill, most stuff here is fake created by trolls. Tesla gets all the real data from actual customers bringing the cars in.
  • One of THE strangest chum posts I’ve seen. Like a high school project.
  • Fish flopping in to sell mud flaps pegged the TEA score at 100%.
  • > @"Magic 8 Ball" said:

> Forum is a rumor mill, most stuff here is fake.... Tesla gets all the real data from actual customers bringing the cars in.

+1
  • edited October 25
    Customer complaints are gold to any business for customer retention, customer recommendation to others for purchase and product improvement. Any Tesla employee looking for that gold has to wade through the worthless panegyrics of the fanbois who end up having no credibility from the people they are trying to impress with their cheer leading.

That Tesla recently stopped the fanbois from deleting the "gold" an owners forum produces suggests Tesla employees are reading the forums and understand the value.
  • Pictures please
  • Pretty sure Tesla can tell the difference between an actual customer's complaint and the utter nonsense that gets posted here buy a handful of anti-Tesla troll wannabees.
  • Tesla can. New potential buyers interested in getting their first Tesla, not so much.
  • Yes, anecdotes on a forum, that allows trolls, are not customer complaints despite how many times trolls like FISHEV try to make that claim.
  • > @TabascoGuy said:
    > Pretty sure Tesla can tell the difference between an actual customer's complaint and the utter nonsense that gets posted here buy a handful of anti-Tesla troll wannabees.

I'm sure they can also but they needed to stop the fanbois from deleting other owner posts and comments so they could see the valid customer complaints.

Tesla did that likely for that very reason, so it could use the forums to see customer issues.
  • They likely revamped the site to show your join date FISHEV so you couldn’t lie about it anymore. Also, none of the your own posts that you deleted came back.
  • > @lbowroom said:
    > How about we talk about what Tesla is doing right now?
  • Ok, they continue to show your join date in 2016 opposed tour claim of it being in 2019, right now.
  • Is there a Tesla in that pile?
  • You’re a prolific poster here, credibility is important. You have none if you can’t address that.
  • @lbowroom

Although I certainly agree with your point, calling him prolific is overly generous.