Model Y

Performance Model Delivery Estimate

Anyone else notice that the delivery estimate for a performance configuration on the website currently shows no time frame? Long range version is 4 - 8 weeks but performance option is blank. I ordered MY performance 9/26, had a VIN assigned for a week until it disappeared. Service advisor said they didn't push that batch of vin's through the factory for some reason. No updates since then. Curious if anyone else has been waiting on a performance model.

Comments

• > @Bprez said:
    > Anyone else notice that the delivery estimate for a performance configuration on the website currently shows no time frame? Long range version is 4 - 8 weeks but performance option is blank. I ordered MY performance 9/26, had a VIN assigned for a week until it disappeared. Service advisor said they didn't push that batch of vin's through the factory for some reason. No updates since then. Curious if anyone else has been waiting on a performance model.

They are on hold. Summer tires ran out of stock and nobody currently makes an all season in the weird 21 inch size they picked. I suspect they will have to openly admit this soon but there was a rumor that came out the factory and there is proof the pirelli tires it comes with are unavailable so it makes sense.

We have hopes they do some adjustment on tire size and programming to use a larger more readily available tire but it seems Michelin is waiting for a Tesla order for a tire they already designed. They just won’t commit, if it’s price or something else nobody knows.

Let’s just hope something good comes of all of this than just a long wait.
  • Yeah, I ordered one last week and I also noticed this. Bad thing is they have to re-evaluate my trade in every 30 days—as well as my loan—and each thing could change. Sucks that either could change when it’s not even my fault. Hoping my trade in valuation doesn’t change because Tesla offered me an AMAZING trade in value!! Oh well, I’ll get my Model Y Performance soon, and hopefully it’ll have some refreshes like the Model 3 :-)
  • > @jyannotti_98088044 said:
    > Oh well, I’ll get my Model Y Performance soon, and hopefully it’ll have some refreshes like the Model 3 :-)

You never know. We picked our Y up 45 days ago an it had the revised taillight signals and door graphics
  • I wouldn't mind if they just offered the performance model with the 20" wheels. At the very least I am hoping they update the newer models with the M3 refresh.
  • As far as I know the only refresh the 3 has that the Y doest is the USB in the glove box and revised center console
  • > @stacok_98279004 said:
    > As far as I know the only refresh the 3 has that the Y doest is the USB in the glove box and revised center console

Correct! And just that alone would be great! ;-)
  • ordered 9/29 just waiting for vin...
  • @jyannotti_98088044 did you try to sell car on Carvana? Sold my car to Carvana at 50% higher price than what was offered by Tesla...it is quick n easy process.
  • > @Pastesla said:
    > @jyannotti_98088044 did you try to sell car on Carvana? Sold my car to Carvana at 50% higher price than what was offered by Tesla...it is quick n easy process.

Believe it or not CarMax (who everyone said would offer me way more than Tesla) offered me $4,500 LESS than what Tesla offered me, so I went with Tesla. I only needed to come up with $400 to pay off my Volvo lease.
  • @jyannotti_98088044 carmax offered me less than what was offered by Carvana.. anyways good luck
  • Curious how long people will wait beyond there est. Delivery dates before pulling the plug on there orders? Transparency would be key here since they give the old song an dance and act like nothings wrong thats what worrys me ive had 2 different sc look up my account and both gave me different eta for when my order should be built seems like they are just spouting dates to try an buy time.
  • Bmerck I ordered 9/29 and when I talk to them they don't give me any dates. could be three days could be three weeks in the answer I get.
  • > @Bmerck said:
    > Curious how long people will wait beyond there est. Delivery dates before pulling the plug on there orders? Transparency would be key here since they give the old song an dance and act like nothings wrong thats what worrys me ive had 2 different sc look up my account and both gave me different eta for when my order should be built seems like they are just spouting dates to try an buy time.

And you ordered a Performance? Or LR? When did you order?
  • > @boise_brandon said:
    > Bmerck I ordered 9/29 and when I talk to them they don't give me any dates. could be three days could be three weeks in the answer I get.

And you ordered a Performance? Or LR?
  • > @jyannotti_98088044 said:
    > > @boise_brandon said:
    > > Bmerck I ordered 9/29 and when I talk to them they don't give me any dates. could be three days could be three weeks in the answer I get.
    >
    > And you ordered a Performance? Or LR?
    PERFORMANCE
  • Considering the 20" wheels were optional in the past and anyone who glances at the message boards can plainly see people prefer the 20" to the 21" I'm really hoping this delay is not just a tire sourcing issue but possibly a hardware upgrade... Air suspension would be nice.
  • > @Bprez said:
    > Considering the 20" wheels were optional in the past and anyone who glances at the message boards can plainly see people prefer the 20" to the 21" I'm really hoping this delay is not just a tire sourcing issue but possibly a hardware upgrade... Air suspension would be nice.

That would be awesome, but I doubt I'll be that lucky. And you're right about the wheels. It seems no one is actually excited about the 21" wheels. They are so impractical. I ordered a Y performance 10/15 and already have a set of aftermarket 19" Wheels ordered to swap out the day I pick it up. Hopefully there'll be someone interested in buying my 21" wheels on ebay, haha.
  • > @Hightower said:
    > That would be awesome, but I doubt I'll be that lucky. And you're right about the wheels. It seems no one is actually excited about the 21" wheels. They are so impractical. I ordered a Y performance 10/15 and already have a set of aftermarket 19" Wheels ordered to swap out the day I pick it up. Hopefully there'll be someone interested in buying my 21" wheels on ebay, haha.
    >

What wheel/tire set did you get?
  • > @Bprez said:
    > > @Hightower said:
    > > That would be awesome, but I doubt I'll be that lucky. And you're right about the wheels. It seems no one is actually excited about the 21" wheels. They are so impractical. I ordered a Y performance 10/15 and already have a set of aftermarket 19" Wheels ordered to swap out the day I pick it up. Hopefully there'll be someone interested in buying my 21" wheels on ebay, haha.
    > >
    >
    > What wheel/tire set did you get?

I went with the 19" TSV's in matte black with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 (all season) tires. I figured they will look similar to the factory wheels, but with much more practical tires for my area. Plus we have a gravel driveway, so 21" wheels just won't work here.
  • WEEK 5 AND NOTHING,
  • > @boise_brandon said:
    > WEEK 5 AND NOTHING,

Week 6 and same I just want my VIN (and car lol)
  • I’m also at 5.5 weeks and nothing - if you look at the model Y order spreadsheet, you can see the last performance Y delivered was a 58xxx vin in September (now November 2nd).

I’m getting antsy :)
  • Is this still an issue of the performance model getting stuck in delivery? I am about to place my order, but hate to get into that anxiety of not knowing what's going on.
  • > @Y_Generation said:
    > Is this still an issue of the performance model getting stuck in delivery? I am about to place my order, but hate to get into that anxiety of not knowing what's going on.

As far as I know no one even has a scheduled delivery for a perf Y. I have been waiting since 9/19 just for a VIN. Although now might be the right time to order if they crank up the production, however no one has heard anything at all.
  • Thanks. I chat online with the Tesla support, she said if place the order now, the wait is 5-8 weeks. I asked how reliable is that estimate when I see no one gets their VIN, she said usually what posted is reliable. I guess that's not quite right as you waited for almost the full 8 weeks already :(