Model 3

How to lose $14,000 in 15 days ? Buy a Tesla model 3 in september 2020 !

How to lose $14,000 in 15 days.
I received my model 3 2020 long range on September 29th for $72,000.
I requested a trade-in from Tesla to buy the 2021 model and they offered me $58,000.
Thanks a lot to Tesla Switzerland. I now the poor
I feel so stupid to have trusted Tesla. This is the last time!

Comments

• Lol 😂🤣 salty rivers
  • I'm curious. Why did you want to trade? What's different between the two cars that you wanted to trade?

Tesla doesn't change features by model year, they keep changing continuously.
  • +1 @Spuzzz

I believe traditional guidelines are that 50% value is lost the minute you drive off a car lot with a new car.... Probably an overestimate, but the point is the same.
  • Another OP troll! Go drive your car into Lake Geneva and claim insurance then...
  • lol...that's basically the value lost on every car ever made
  • I bought audi q7 few years ago for 68k and traded in 2 years later for 42k. Audi owns me apology!
  • you should feel stupid, but because of anything Tesla said. Please show me any other car maker that would do it differently.
  • Like I said in another thread, we’re all buying depreciating assets. The only way to lessen the sting of losing value is to drive one car for a number of years, and not try to trade up every year.

And, oh, I took delivery of a new LR Model 3 two weeks ago. This may be the first and last new car of my life, lol. Can I get 10 or 15 years out of it?
  • Sell it to a private party or someone other than Tesla and find out what the going price is. All manufacturers have about the same policy once the car is driven off the lot, Tesla is no different.
  • How do we delete threads? Or better yet, moronic OPs?
  • Idiot.
  • If you were looking to buy a new car, would you opt for a used one. Something that was, oh, I don't know, 15 days old. What would you pay for it. Even if you would be willing to pay that price, don't forget, Tesla has to do a thorough checkup, a full cleaning, they have to go through storing it and reselling it, that all takes money.
  • I lost more than this in TSLA stock today. Do I expect them to take the stock back at yesterday’s price?

You lost nothing. Cars are not investments. You use them to get places. Enjoy the car.

If you need sympathy, ask a friend to pay you on the head and say “You will be OK”
  • Is somebody going to explain wholesale vs retail to this Einstein?

Who in their right mind thinks that Tesla will pay someone more for their used car than they can build a new one for?

So much for free education.
  • > @PETERRIEMANN said: > I received my model 3 2020 long range on September 29th for $72,000. I requested a trade-in from Tesla to buy the 2021 model and they offered me $58,000."

Not sure how trade in process to dealer works in Switzerland, in US, the dealer trade in is a low ball number as they don't want car back.

Selling it on used car market always gets a much better price. KBB.com, while US based, should give you a good market value vs. trade-in value for your car.

Your real cost to upgrade (sell and buy new) is likely more in the $5,000 range.
  • @ hokiegir1 I knows it, was trying to be a bit facetious or maybe rhetorical by asking a silly question like that. No maker anywhere would refund close to full price after taking possession unless some sort of lemon accommodation
  • Seems about right. I bought a mid range for like $48k. I think they offered me like $39k when I traded it in like 2 months later for a long range. I at least had the US $7500 tax credit to eat a large chunk of the loss though.

If it makes you feel better, there will eventually be a better 2022 or 2023 model and the 2021 will be out dated like my 2018. If you aren't willing to literally burn money, you can't always have the latest and greatest.
  • > @PETERRIEMANN said:
    > How to lose $14,000 in 15 days.
    > I received my model 3 2020 long range on September 29th for $72,000.
    > I requested a trade-in from Tesla to buy the 2021 model and they offered me $58,000.
    > Thanks a lot to Tesla Switzerland. I now the poor
    > I feel so stupid to have trusted Tesla. This is the last time!

Well, in a couple years you will have more choices including VW and Fisker, just to name a couple that I know you will have access to over there, have you looked into either of them or any other EV's?
  • Fish lackey is here with his Fixer promotion.
  • When did Switzerland convert to dollars, or are you just converting currency for courtesy?
  • > @FISHEV said:
    > Selling it on used car market always gets a much better price. KBB.com, while US based, should give you a good market value vs. trade-in value for your car.
    >

KBB isn't going to give him values that have any meaning there. He needs to check locally.
  • Riemann sounds Swiss German so Lake Zurich would be more appropriate than Geneva. From the couple years I lived there, I never came across a Swiss-German who would plan an auto purchase so poorly that he would want to trade it in 15 days later.

What trust did you put in Tesla Herr Riemann that they have broken?