Solar Roof

Deposit of $100 is non-refundable

Hi,
I cancelled my solar order, so far no refund is issued, is it true that deposit of $100 is non-refundable? It is disgusting that they have not done any thing on solar order but forfeit deposit.

TIA

Comments

• I understand your frustration, but it is obviously true, right next to the "Due Today" it says
    "Non-refundable order fee $100", it is hard to miss but maybe you did. It would be unfair if you cancelled the order shortly after you submitted your credit card information and have not received any service yet, Tesla may or may not have started your layout/design, but they do have a small staff to handle the orders and doing the basic layout/design and they all need to get paid. Some people actually go through with their orders and they help pay for all these overhead. So I would guess 99% of the people would get their no-refundable fee refunded, but it may or may not be automatic. Did you call and ask?
  • I placed solar order when I ordered car, but decided to cancel solar because other friend had poor service experience. I called their service number and was put on hold for a while then disconnect. Tesla seems struggling for cash.
  • The $100 non-refundable deposit is what it says...non-refundable. Expecting to get it refunded, when it was *clearly stated* to be "Non-Refundable" is not reasonable.

"Tesla seems struggling for cash. "

What would lead you to that conclusion?