General

any website that shows near real time price for super charger?

I am relatively a new owner of a tesla model Y, and am curious if I can choose where to go charge based on price as one of the factors. My locality has numerous chargers, and many comparable amenities around each of them, hence am curious if there's something I can add to my evaluation. I am still in the free supercharger period and the app definitely don't show prices.

also curious if tesla has public API to build charger related web site or products.

Comments

• There isn't a lot of variance in Supercharger pricing. Within a state, they are usually all the same as well so I'm not sure I see any need to bother trying to find a "cheaper" SC. This is quite different than what people are used to with gas stations, where pricing can vary quite a bit.
  • > @CAYorCYA said:
    > I am relatively a new owner of a tesla model Y, and am curious if I can choose where to go charge based on price as one of the factors. My locality has numerous chargers, and many comparable amenities around each of them, hence am curious if there's something I can add to my evaluation.

When you write "numerous chargers", do you mean numerous Tesla chargers or numerous chargers of different types? Any of the other chargers are going to cost more than a Tesla supercharger, including most Tesla destination chargers, unless there's a location, usually a business, that offers free charging for its customers. The only non-Tesla chargers you can use would be Level 2 J1772 chargers (relatively slow) and CHAdeMO fast chargers, and then only if you have Tesla's CHAdeMO adapter.
  • good to know tesla's primary SC is cheaper. Do we have an estimate of the kw price? I am in san jose area, so there's quite a few of chargers of all sorts, including tesla's SC. If their price is cheaper than my at home charging, I may even just go out to charge. I have solar, but my cost is still ~49cents to 21cents per kw from PG&E. It seems to suggest, Tesla's SC is cheaper? with ~60kw from ~empty to ~full, it will add up over the long run. also, just trying to test Tesla's marketing claim on saving, how practical or not it is.
  • per Tesla SC rate is $ 0.28 per kWh in US. You can see the speed and cost of the SCs on the screen in your car. You can also see non-SC chargers on the in car screen, but I don't think it shows prices. Chargepoint is a good app for seeing local level 2 chargers in your area and their cost. The problem with level 2 chargers are 1) they are slow ~15mph charging speed 2) many are hit or miss if they are working.
  • @CAYorCYA - I'm also in the Bay area with PG&E. You can get a better rate with a TOU plan called EVA. It is worth checking PG&E's site to see some of the options. My midnight to 2 pm rate is only $0.12 or so. You can charge during this time period, it will be less than half the cost of a Supercharger. I'm now charging from solar, but it depends if your car is at home during the solar production and the size of the solar system.
  • To the original question, Plugshare does show all chargers including Tesla's and Tesla capable with pricing.

www.plugshare.com
  • There are a few Superchargers that I found in FL that have time of day pricing. One around West Palm and another around Jacksonville. Both were at Wawa gas stations. I believe that one on the FL Turnpike is free near Ft Drum is free. But the tolls on that road are fairly high. Like $15 to go 100 miles. Got to rip off the tourists headed to Orlando!
  • Teslatap, the pge calculator shows i am on the best plan E6(closed and only a grandfathered plan) but this is w/o tesla ownership and usage of course.
  • Best price I found in FL is 14 cents per Kwh at 2 superchargers that have time of day pricing. One is at the Altamonte shopping center near Orlando and the other is at a Wawa near Jacksonville.

Anyone find lower rates for supercharging at other parts of the country?