General

DC charging problem (car side), not considered relevant for Assistance

Hi,
Model3, in France. I am currently unable to use fast (DC) chargers, Testa or other, because of a HW failure in the car itself. After 10 days I still have no repair appointment, my Service center has no spare car, and the Assistance refuses to handle this since "this is a simple loss of convenience" (!) and I may use other chargers in AC mode (max 11kW). My planned 1000 miles round trip is dead.
Is that normal, in your opinion ?
Best regards,

Comments

• Not normal, and a poor response if that’s how they’re handling it.
  • Since DC charging by passes the onboard charger and it's the charge port that directs the power based on type of power, I don't see what component or as you call it "HW", that failed.
  • > @MLefebvre said:
    > Hi,
    > Model3, in France. I am currently unable to use fast (DC) chargers, Testa or other, because of a HW failure in the car itself. After 10 days I still have no repair appointment, my Service center has no spare car, and the Assistance refuses to handle this since "this is a simple loss of convenience" (!) and I may use other chargers in AC mode (max 11kW). My planned 1000 miles round trip is dead.
    > Is that normal, in your opinion ?
    > Best regards,

I'd force the issue if you can afford the time and money.

Rent a car that you will use while Tesla is in the shop. Have a friend follow you as you discharge battery. Go to super charger and drive until car actually dies (see the Ben Sullins "bricking" for how this works). Plug into super charger. If it gives the error, call Emergency Service and tell them they have to tow car in for service.

https://youtu.be/nX2YnUiOkwU?t=3
  • terrible advice from fish. please ignore. Unfortunate that you may have a broken pin in you connector. Didn't realize the French thought or spoke in terms of miles....
  • Another question, there was a poster not too long ago that also had a space before sentence ending punctuation . Is that a French thing too ? or was that you ?