Model 3

Bug: Speed Limit Bug in latest software reads signs meant for Trucks and Big rigs

Latest software update reading and changing speed limit signs that are meant for Trucks and big rigs. This is a huge problem especially if you are auto-pilot on I-5 traveling in either directions.

Comments

• Is I-5 considered a freeway by the GPS system? If so, it shouldn't make any difference, since AP doesn't respond to speed limit changes on the freeway.
  • I have the same problem, but not on interstates. The last two updates are incorrectly reading speed limit signs and assigning the wrong speed limits on the two lane roads I drove on. This makes using autosteer during my commute no longer usable. Anyone know how to undo these updates?
  • You can’t undo updates, you have to wait for fixes in future updates. In the meantime, you can disable the traffic light control feature, which will remove some of the speed limit restrictions on certain roads.
  • Why is it a problem? I also saw the car read the signs for trucks and I was set at 76 mph, speed of car did not change. Hwy 280.
  • I sort of expected sign reading problems. There was a small group that wanted inaccurate sign reading like AP1 and other cars that use the Mobileye system rather than being map based. I prefer map based myself, as it was always very accurate for me. Perhaps Tesla should have an option to select sign reading vs. map-based.

Meanwhile, hopefully, sign reading will improve, but I doubt it will ever be perfect. Still, I expect either system is more accurate than most humans. Most humans seem to ignore speed limit signs entirely!
  • > @"Magic 8 Ball" said:
    > Why is it a problem? I also saw the car read the signs for trucks and I was set at 76 mph, speed of car did not change. Hwy 280.

It's not a problem on highways, but it is on secondary roads where AP is limited to 5mph over the speed limit.