General

FSD still worrisome

I love using the self drive features of my Y but it still does erractic things at times.

Doing a lane change it crossed two lanes and I was glad there was no one in the further lane. During the same short drive it toook a turn or started to much to fast on an off ramp. It shows you still need to stay focused as it tries to take control.

On the other hand it is much better than my 2016 S was in terms of tracking turning etc.

Comments

• Why complain about the current iteration when you can see what is coming in a few weeks?
  • No idea what is coming in the next few weeks. I imagine it will be sometime before we can really see FSD for the masses.

It is getting closer but sill in a very limited beta stage
  • There is no FSD yet, only enhanced autopilot.
  • “I imagine it will be sometime before we can really see FSD for the masses.“

Currently planned for wide release in about two months. Already out with beta testers.
  • If that’s the case I wish I had spent the additional 4K 2 weeks ago. Now it looks like FSD will be an additional 10k, if I bought it now it would be an additional 8k or 12 k to get FSD.

I wish it was clear that to go from enhanced auto pilot to FSD would not credit you the 4 k I just spent
  • > @2manycars said:
    > If that’s the case I wish I had spent the additional 4K 2 weeks ago. Now it looks like FSD will be an additional 10k, if I bought it now it would be an additional 8k or 12 k to get FSD.
    >
    > I wish it was clear that to go from enhanced auto pilot to FSD would not credit you the 4 k I just spent

Not true. Go to your upgrade tab and see how much it will cost you. I believe it is $5k to upgrade from EAP to FSD.
  • Yes it is 5k
  • And I was right when I got EAP in September and saw 5 k to FSD price and said another hike is happening soon and it will be 10k.
  • This way they trying to lure you in that if you get it now it is still better deal than 10k later.
  • edited October 24
    "Doing a lane change it crossed two lanes and I was glad there was no one in the further lane. "

Why is that worrisome? It wouldn't have done so if someone was approaching from the farther lane. Your car is tracking objects 100 meters away in a 150° arc.
  • Auto lane change will not cross two lanes of traffic. Turn on the turn signal, the car completes the lane change, the car turns off the turn signal. If you want to cross the second lane of traffic, you have to engage the turn signal again. That’s just how the system works.
  • > @"stingray.don_98527447" said:
    > Auto lane change will not cross two lanes of traffic. Turn on the turn signal, the car completes the lane change, the car turns off the turn signal. If you want to cross the second lane of traffic, you have to engage the turn signal again. That’s just how the system works.

Not if you do NoA
  • Okay, I assumed auto lane change. I’ve never seen NoA change two lanes but I guess it’s possible. Regardless, as previously stated, the lane must be clear for the car to complete the lane change.
  • I don’t think NoA will change across 2 lanes at once, but it might do 2 individual lane changes consecutively. I haven’t found NoA lane changes to be reliable enough to disable lane change confirmations.
  • @EVRider +1