General

Refund on Tesla Model 3

How do I apply for refund on Tesla Model 3. I am unable to apply for refund that I had paid from my test account. Please help

Comments

• I’m not understanding what you’re talking about. What are you looking for a refund on? Be more specific.
  • I am looking for my deposit to be refunded, for booking Model 3. USD 1000.00.
  • $1000? How long ago? It’s only been a NON-refundable $100 deposit for a while now. Are you sure it was refundable? Have you contacted someone at Tesla? If you’re entitled to a refund they may not bend over backwards but they’ll have to do it. Maybe visit a Service Center if you’re near one and speak to someone in person. Good luck.
  • I reserved a Model 3 August 2017 and I just requested a refund through my Tesla account this week. Money has already been wired.
  • I booked my Model 3 the same day as it was announced. I waited 3 years for the configuration link. Finally I got it in September 2019, but the price was outrages (60% more for the base model compared to 35000 USD - confirmed at booking in 2016) and I cancelled my order. More than a year passed, but I still haven't got back the 1000 USD reservation fee.

Tesla products are superb, but customer care is the worst I have ever experienced.

I tried to find a customer service contact point to finally get my money back, but no success. Can anybody help with a contact phone number or e-mail address?
  • “ but the price was outrages (60% more for the base model compared to 35000 USD - confirmed at booking in 2016)”

And then the price dropped all the way down to $35,000.
  • > @ipesti_92923503 said:
    > I booked my Model 3 the same day as it was announced. I waited 3 years for the configuration link. Finally I got it in September 2019,
    >

Yeah I don't think that is accurate. Tesla opened up non-reservation orders in July 2018. So as of Jul 2018 you could have ordered a car whether you had a reservation or not.

> @ipesti_92923503 said:
    >...but the price was outrages (60% more for the base model compared to 35000 USD - confirmed at booking in 2016) and I cancelled my order. More than a year passed, but I still haven't got back the 1000 USD reservation fee.
    >

Not accurate here either. The $35k version lasted from around Feb-June? 2019(though for the most part you could only special order this version over the phone or at a Tesla location. As of September 2019, in the online configurator, you could get an SR+ with partial premium interior for $38,990, which is only 11% higher than the base $35k version.
  • you have been able to buy a Model 3 for years now. How is it possible that people have hung on to their reservations this long??
  • It’s not
  • Hopefully made the deposit via credit card. Go to the credit card company and dispute the transaction.

If it is too old to dispute then Small Claims court would be your only recourse. It will take a day of your time but you'll get your $1,000 back and court costs.
  • You can select in your account the option Cancel reservation
    It will be refunded within 28 days, I have receive a $1000 check by mail for my Model 3 deposit refund and $100 refund on my credit card for cybertruck reservation