Model 3

Tesla Says I Accepted an Offer I DID NOT ACCEPT

I just checked my loan offer to see if it updated to the new offer yet, but now it is saying I already accepted the old first horrible offer?! Cmon Tesla this is so unprofessional. Anyone works at the company wanna fix this or what???

I have another thread detailing my financing offer experience for the full backstory

https://forums.tesla.com/discussion/177737/tesla-lending-loan-offer-disappeared-glitch

Comments

• This is not a support forum. This is a community forum.
    There is no Tesla representative here.

Call Tesla directly and work though any issues with your assigned representative.
  • Tesla can’t just say you entered into a contract.

Go to a credit union, get funding, and buy what you want.
  • Tesla is not a lender. Talk to the lending institution.
  • If the OP story is accurate, a crime has been committed. I would file a police report then step back and let this drama play out.
  • Just decline it. Your not locked in until you sign the delivery paperwork when you pick up the car.
  • > @Lonestar10_1999_98049184 said:
    > If the OP story is accurate, a crime has been committed. I would file a police report then step back and let this drama play out.

Obviously you have no idea about how financing a vehicle works, that is just an offer and you are not locked in into any numbers until you sign the contract. same way the bank can come last minute and change their mind and not approve the loan at all under any conditions regardless of previous offers until a contract is signed.

Aslo it is a civil matter, a police report will do absolutely nothing for anyone, that would be an issue for small claims court, which trust me he would loose if he were to present the matter to them.
  • I assume that was sarcasm, I’d call the FBI
  • How do I decline it? The website has no button for that other than to just cancel the order altogether.

I've tried calling finance and my sales rep but no replies just yet.

Im really trying to get this fixed trust me. I even called Wells Fargo to no avail, the lender

> @HAL2001 said:
    > Just decline it. Your not locked in until you sign the delivery paperwork when you pick up the car.
  • Get pre-approval from bank. Switch payment method on website.
  • Did you put down your $100 deposit yet?
  • Appoint special counsel and grand jury, congressional investigation needed.
  • You may need to hire Rudy Giuliani to resolve this harrible dilemma.
  • Please change title of thread to, Howz I by car?
  • Ok so putting aside the condescending tone of saying that just because tesla is messing up it's my fault....

Yes I have put down the $100 deposit and the down payment they agreed to for me is too high.

I'd be a lot less concerned if there wasn't so much confusion from the rep and financing
  • You can get financing from any bank... If you don't like Tesla's offer go get a better one.
  • Ok cool thanks
  • Seriously, did you think they were going to drop the car on your driveway and enforce the payment structure without you signing anything? Ridiculous tantrums much?
  • > @melkins23 said:
    > Yes I have put down the $100 deposit and the down payment they agreed to for me is too high.

For financing there is always a minimum down payment. Can you post some of your loan details, Total Amount, interest rate, Terms and down payment.

Remember you can always switch to Cash and finance it yourself or click on Cancel Order if your not getting what you need.
  • Wow dude. Go dude go fsd yourself lol.

> @lbowroom said:
    > Seriously, did you think they were going to drop the car on your driveway and enforce the payment structure without you signing anything? Ridiculous tantrums much?
  • Next time someone accidentally accepts terms for 1/3 of your net worth without your permission let me know how you handle that
  • You should not be approved for a loan under that sad circumstance. It’s fun to dream, but be responsible and wait until your finances allow for a responsible purchase.
  • Btw this thread is done my issue was resolved by my sales rep after WAY to much back and forth between them, finance, and myself for what turned out to be nothing (thankfully).

Will never recommend tesla lending but still love the car.
  • > @melkins23 said:
    > Btw this thread is done my issue was resolved by my sales rep after WAY to much back and forth between them, finance, and myself for what turned out to be nothing (thankfully).
    >
    > Will never recommend tesla lending but still love the car.

Glad it worked out.
  • > @Bighorn said:
    > You should not be approved for a loan under that sad circumstance. It’s fun to dream, but be responsible and wait until your finances allow for a responsible purchase.

What is it about this forum that people are so judgey? Jesus

How big is your mortgage? I bet you pay too much. How hot is your partner? I bet you could settle for less. Aim lower man 👍
  • How big is your mortgage? I bet you pay too much. How hot is your partner? I bet you could settle for less. Aim lower man 👍

Mortgage is $0. Paid cash for the house. Paid cash for the Tesla. Didn’t buy a new or luxury car until I was in a position to pay cash without significant impact to my finances.

If the finance company is requiring a large down payment and high interest rate, you are credit challenged. If the car (a depreciating asset) represents 1/3 of your of your net worth, you are making a bad financial decision.