General

Idea cyber truck

Make a auxillary battery pack you can put in bed of truck hook to your main battery giving you farther range of driving distance. You have 7500 lbs it can tow make a trailer auxiliary battery pack.

Comments

• Make it portable? (an A Frame hoist maybe), you can leave at the camp site for powering your camping area........tent, spotlights, coffee pot, TV, Radio, Video games, noise maker for mountain lion and wild animal perimeter protection......
  • Thread probably belongs in the Cybertruck forum.

Any useful size battery is going to weigh many hundreds of pounds. But what dooms this idea is the entire cooling/heating system would have to be upgraded to handle the extra cooling/heating. How you'd make HV electrical connections safe seems difficult, but possible. You'd also need to connect up the fluid connections. The suspension might also need an upgrade, but perhaps you reduce the cargo/towing capacity. The center of gravity would also go up quite a bit and could make it less stable.

So perhaps Tesla could offer a $20,000 auxiliary pack option along with all the various upgrades needed. I suspect they may be better off just offering a super-long range version like the Tri-motor that already gets 500 miles of range.
  • Don't know if this will fit on the Tesla's bed but this works.

"Solar Panel Tonneau Cover For Pickup Trucks"

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/08/21/solar-panel-tonneau-cover-for-pickup-trucks/
  • "Future electric trucks can be charged for extended range "

https://www.goterravis.com/
  • “ Thread probably belongs in the Cybertruck forum.”

This post belongs nowhere.
  • Trust eaglesPDX to find a battery vendor that, like himself, is confused about the distinction between power and energy.

https://i.imgur.com/jfXlAis.png
  • "The four panels have an output of approximately 1,000 watts, and Rossi compares that output to a what a typical 110v wall outlet might provide to an EV while charging on a level 1 EVSE. When used to charge the battery on an electric pickup truck, Rossi says the system should provide enough power to cover about 30% of the daily driving a typical person would need. That's based on the fact that the average American drives roughly 40 miles per day."

In two years when I trade in the MachE for the F-150E, that would be great for those not having home charging.
  • edited October 25
    > @FISHEV said:
    > In two years when I trade in the MachE for the F-150E, that would be great for those not having home charging.

What has you trading in a car to do with other people? Are you going get one these things and drive around town trickle-charging other people's cars like some uninvited Oprah Winfrey? "You get a 1/4 mile worth of energy, and you get a 1/4 mile worth of energy!"
  • "When used to charge the battery on an electric pickup truck, Rossi says the system should provide enough power to cover about 30% of the daily driving a typical person would need."
  • I feel like I fell down the rabbit hole today