Cybertruck

No Cybertruck for Europe or UK?

Litteraly have had massive headache to have dwindled little while ordering the Cybertruck. Never mind, 140 000 something order wasn't too bad, but today, I'm learning to be likely left out completely.
https://youtu.be/SLFOzEbIqEs
Any better ideas ladies and gents?

Comments

• https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8593291/Elon-Musk-hints-mini-Cybertruck-European-roads-saying-highly-likely.html#article-8593291

What will happen to the orders for UK customers?
  • If you were able to order it on Tesla's Europe or UK websites I think either they'll contact you or it probably means that it just won't look like the North America version.
  • > @ShaneMKelley said:
    > If you were able to order it on Tesla's Europe or UK websites I think either they'll contact you or it probably means that it just won't look like the North America version.

At the time of the order, I wasn't even asked for my location, having checked my order invoices those become deposit for a model "P"...

Unfortunate, least to say
  • People suggesting to wait for the order, go for a vacation, take delivery, sell the truck to cover expenses...
    RN 1128840xx (dual motor, no self drive)
    Viable idea? Or is reservation possible to sell as is ?
    Thanks
  • Whatever is coming out, isn't CT by definition of SS body or clean styling...
    https://www.autoevolution.com/news/tesla-model-p-electric-pickup-truck-is-nothing-more-than-wishful-thinking-147089.html
  • Little bit better looking
    http://truckslane.com/tesla-model-p-2019/
  • And even this
    https://2020truck.com/2020-tesla-model-p-electric-pickup-truck/
  • There is no model "P" truck released by Tesla.

All those links you posted are other people's interpretations of what a Tesla truck "should" look like based on their own imagination and speculation.
  • > @TabascoGuy said:
    > There is no model "P" truck released by Tesla.
    >
    > All those links you posted are other people's interpretations of what a Tesla truck "should" look like based on their own imagination and speculation.

Strange least to say. My deposit/invoice (issued 2'nd time) says model P...
  • > @TabascoGuy said:
    > There is no model "P" truck released by Tesla.
    >
    > All those links you posted are other people's interpretations of what a Tesla truck "should" look like based on their own imagination and speculation.

Bit crazy... Considering not just order(s) is doubled up, also "credit note(s)" are there 2.
    Checked the bank account- no refunds, only one charge from Tesla.
    My Tesla account still shows as if my order stands.
    Deleted identifiable info on image,
    https://i.postimg.cc/KYP3y48c/Order-original.jpg
    see no other way, but to contact UK dealer as per order to find 1 IF it's CT on order or "P" and/or 2 IF my order is valid?

Perhaps someone could advise me on anything smarter to do with the whole situation?

Thanks!
  • I only received a motor vehicle pre-order agreement from Tesla that specifically states Cybertruck, no Model P invoice such as yours.

I'm in the USA so that may explain the difference. I can't offer any other help, sorry about that.
  • > @TabascoGuy said:
    > I only received a motor vehicle pre-order agreement from Tesla that specifically states Cybertruck, no Model P invoice such as yours.
    >
    > I'm in the USA so that may explain the difference. I can't offer any other help, sorry about that.

Thank you, it's helpful as it is to know, that Tesla UK, had not even intended to sell CT in Europe or myself as such.

You'd be surprised, how poorly we are catered for electric trucks/vans in Europe, litteraly taken me less than half a day to learn what's available... Nothing TBH!
    Madness, especially, since laws passed, that past 2030 no new petrol driven cars will be sold... Perhaps pedal power is the answer? Lol
  • @CyberDave
    https://forums.tesla.com/discussion/178912/uk-cybertruck

Spoke to Tesla UK, they are awaiting for any news, anytime now from Elon, as they are going by the same Twitter following as what will be designed and even made.
  • @tauginas: Even here in the US, the salespeople get no insider information. As I waited for my Model 3, and again early this year asking about the Cybertruck, I have found that by following all the articles, Elon tweets, etc, I tend to know as much about upcoming vehicles as the sales staff. (I think they are very knowledgeable about vehicles in production, and the young folks I speak to seem to be avid fans and seem to scour the internet for news as well).
    But they do not seem to get any insider info at all. The day they get information about the CT will be the day all the EV sites will have an update article about it as well.
    Please don't put any stock in those fan images you've been posting. Those are just fan concepts. It seems that "Model P" is Tesla's placeholder name until they determine a course of action for the non-North American markets. It has no connection to those Model X El Camino looking designs.
    I truly believe you will get a "cyber vehicle" made of SS, of an undetermined size. Unfortunately, it might not be until they start North American production that they determine and announce what size exactly that cyber vehicle will be. I know it stinks to hear, but all any of us can do is be patient.
  • @Wormtown Kris
    exactly as you say- tough and likely completely different vehicle that'll be, due to safety regulations this side of the pond.
    Those renderings are just that, however design effort gone in to them, including aspects for different regulations.
    As it comes to the timing... I'll remain hopeful, the rep I talked to had it right, that about the time preproduction proposal will come out. Any, especially Tesla way of automated manufacturing will need be finished way earlier, than manufacturing will take the place.
    Fingers crossed... and if no news for a while, I personally began thinking of alternative vehicle...
  • > @"Wormtown Kris" said:
    > @tauginas: Even here in the US...
    Yeah
    "Cybertruck's redesign could be revealed in just a few weeks. When? On November 1st, he tweeted it could be unveiled soon: “Sure, In a month or so." And... don't worry, it will still be street legal"

https://evannex.com/blogs/news/redesigned-cybertruck-is-coming-same-could-be-launched-in-europe-elon-musk

Anytime now
  • Your evannex link is from May. I'm guessing any information/speculation from that article is well out of date.

Don't get your hopes up for anything to change much aesthetically. It sounds like any suggested changes that may be made will make the truck "better", not "different".
  • > @TabascoGuy said:
    > Your evannex link is from May. I'm guessing any information/speculation from that article is well out of date.
    >
    > Don't get your hopes up for anything to change much aesthetically. It sounds like any suggested changes that may be made will make the truck "better", not "different".

I personally can not believe as how out of touch all manufacturers are.
    Yes, cars, smaller, more different this and that... In oversaturated market.
    https://www.thestreet.com/investing/tesla-might-launch-a-hatchback-in-europe-musk-says

What about work vehicles? Trucks, vans are the ones that making money, whats on offer currently is plain silly either unusable specs or shiny, but absolutely irrelevant what's needed.
    Have almost given up on waiting for CT, looked at Arrival and LVC VN5 - pre alfa concepts, still not manufactured as vehicles, expensive, poor quality and good god ugly... but that's the part, we as tradesmen should be able to avoid. Can not believe, how out of touch industry is.
  • It's a big truck. I don't think full size trucks sell very well in europe, do they? There were hints of a smaller version, but they were vague and i've not seen followup since. Would love a honda ridgeline sized version. I'm in the US and it wont fit in my garage (too long). I probably wont get it as I just don't need one...the garage was just the cincher.
  • > @Spuzzz said:
    > It's a big truck. I don't think full size trucks sell very well in europe, do they? There were hints of a smaller version, but they were vague and i've not seen followup since. Would love a honda ridgeline sized version. I'm in the US and it wont fit in my garage (too long). I probably wont get it as I just don't need one...the garage was just the cincher.

Not arguing US market intricacies, arguing "under -offering" for a van or truck for Europe or Britain due to absolute shortage off. As it seems Tesla going for hatch back in to fairly well catered for market (Renault Zoe, Mini E, Honda E), whilst trucks and vans on offer is utter rubbish or overpriced, none that I personally would want to switch to and my two work vehicles are at a stage of needing to be changed.