Model 3

Stop light detection glitch

Yesterday, I came to an intersection that had a street intersecting the road I was on at an approximately 45 degree acute angle to my road rather than 90 degree. My road had 2 stop lights for my traffic flow (one for proceeding straight and another for making this acute left turn). My M3 "saw" this intersection as 3 stop lights, my 2 PLUS the stoplight from the acute angle road which it thought was for my road and placed between my 2 lights on the screen. It correctly noted when this light became green and chimed for me to proceed despite my actual 2 stop lights continuing to be red. Fortunately I didn't just react to the chime. I'm interested if anyone has seen anything similar.

Comments

• Yesterday, I came to an intersection that had a street intersecting the road I was on at an approximately 45 degree acute angle to my road rather than 90 degree. My road had 2 stop lights for my traffic flow (one for proceeding straight and another for making this acute left turn). My M3 "saw" this intersection as 3 stop lights, my 2 PLUS the stoplight from the acute angle road which it thought was for my road and placed between my 2 lights on the screen. It correctly noted when this light became green and chimed for me to proceed despite my actual 2 stop lights continuing to be red. Fortunately I didn't just react to the chime. I'm interested if anyone has seen anything similar.
  • Yes. Just submit a bug report.
  • I have a similar issue at the intersection where southbound road merges into eastbound road. The car reacts to the green traffic lights from the north and tries to proceed through the red light and when my light is green it tries to stop.
    It also does not see some green arrows.
  • I have had the chime on a left arrow but the car does not proceed. Strange too because the chime happens several seconds after the green arrow. Seems to happen to me when the lights are not in line with the lanes.