Model 3

For those with chrome delete, did you wrap the back of the door handles as well?

I'm getting quoted $750 for chrome delete here in NJ but upon further talks with the shop, they said they will only delete the front of the door handle because wrapping the back would require removal of the door panel to get to the door handles. Is that true that the only option to wrap the back is to removal the door handles?

Does anyone have any experience with places that does chrome deletes (handling the back of the door handles as well), preferably in northern NJ?

Comments

• I wrapped my own door handles and trim. By the “front” I take it to mean the outside of the door handles and left the inside chrome. Yes that is what I did too. You cannot see any chrome unless you open the door. Even then it looks very natural looking.

You could feasibly wrap some of the interior but I think it would look odd. I would also worry about the interior mechanism. Seems like a pretty tight tolerance back there. No way would I pay extra to wrap the interior door handle. A luxury you just won’t appreciate.

If you literally mean the front portion of the door handle so some chrome is still visible, find another shop because they don’t know what they are doing. The doors handles were simple even for a first time DIYer like me.
  • > @Spuzzz said:
    > I wrapped my own door handles and trim. By the “front” I take it to mean the outside of the door handles and left the inside chrome. Yes that is what I did too. You cannot see any chrome unless you open the door. Even then it looks very natural looking.
    >
    > You could feasibly wrap some of the interior but I think it would look odd. I would also worry about the interior mechanism. Seems like a pretty tight tolerance back there. No way would I pay extra to wrap the interior door handle. A luxury you just won’t appreciate.
    >
    > If you literally mean the front portion of the door handle so some chrome is still visible, find another shop because they don’t know what they are doing. The doors handles were simple even for a first time DIYer like me.

Sorry yeah that is what I meant, just behind the door handle when opening the door. And sure in that case I'll probably just go with this shop. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with shops who actually consider behind the door handle.
  • I have a white P3- and am happy with these Nikola handle decals. Perfect color match.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GNY3F95/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • The door handles on a model 3 are very hard to do fully unless they are removed. We do the front portion only, but you cannot see any chrome when the handle is closed.
  • I also went with the stickers for the door handles. You can see some chrome, but I like the look with the black out trim. I also colored the dual motor black, but left the red underline to go with the red T and brakes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yhyhshb1CmDmuUFQ7