General

Does FSD add anything to EAP now

Just curious if there would be a wait before I get to experience any benefit from FSD, or if the beta testing needs to complete first.

Comments

• I think we are stuck where we are with EAP until FSD is out of Beta or we are invited to join at some point. That was the biggest disappointment after buying FSD. Nit waking up to new software. It’s just waiting to be activated. Whenever that will be.
  • Hopefully it’s in the next few months. I just spent the additional 5K on top of the 4 I spent two weeks ago.

My SC seems to think it’s really is coming soon.
  • Right this second you get a more accurate reading of the road on your screen. You also see the stoplights on your map as well as get the chime when the light turns green.

Arrows on the road show up on the map. Its not a huge difference right this second, but if you eventually want to get FSD there is no point waiting until its more expensive.
  • It’s downloading now.
  • > @andy_connor_e said:
    > Right this second you get a more accurate reading of the road on your screen. You also see the stoplights on your map as well as get the chime when the light turns green.
    >
    > Arrows on the road show up on the map. Its not a huge difference right this second, but if you eventually want to get FSD there is no point waiting until its more expensive.

Andy, arrows were there before FSD even when I had just AP. It's probably bc you upgraded from HW 2.5 to 3.
  • Probably right. Minus the arrows, i still say if you plan on getting it do it now.
  • To OP you won't see much difference between EAP and FSD right now beside the traffic light recognition and stop sign auto stops and go.
  • I just tried it and it works but not real reliably at this moment. Slowed for a green light, tried to stop for a flashing yellow. Missed a stop sign.

I’m sure it will improve and know I’ll want it eventually. I have 48 hours to decide, but not knowing where the price will be in a few months will probably keep it and carefully watch it improve.
  • I didn't think that I needed FSD after I upgraded to EAP. However, since EAP will slow down and even stop when using autosteer, it might lead new drivers to think that it will stop at red lights & stop signs. I realize that FSD doesn't quit handle stop signs or lights properly yet but it is in the works.